++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7046 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
My sister's furnace gave out, it's a rental (guess they got suckered into it) and they can't come fix it till tomorrow. What's the point of paying all that money if you can't get 24/7 support? I thought that was the whole idea of renting. Went to check it, it's a super sloppy install, they never even bothered piping the fresh air intake outside, so it's losing out on efficiency.

Also, is it common for the combustion chamber in a furnace to actually be open? Normally they are a separate enclosed part of the furnace.

It starts all the way up to the point of having ignition, but then it just dies. I would think maybe the flame sensor, but I would expect it to run a little longer if it was that. It pretty much dies as soon as the flame goes on. I was suspecting the thermostat so I shorted out the contacts.... but, the wrong contacts. Blew a fuse. Didn't want to probe in there more than that in case I blow something else and didn't have a spare fuse, so it will have to wait till the rental company can go and they'll just act dumb. Don't think you're suppose to touch it if it's a rental, but it's crazy to make people wait, so was hoping I could get it going for them. Thankfully they have a fireplace as backup so at least their pipes won't freeze.

May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
he has no money so it is just daydream
Lol yeah I COULD put it on credit but I want to buy it cash. Want to pay my mortgage off first. Meanwhile I'm just saving up through the corporate share contributions. I'm at 25k so far. So I could very well have enough money to buy a decent property by the time the mortgage is paid off provided the stocks don't tank... Though it would probably be smarter to just put that money on the mortgage. The company contributes a small percentage as long as I keep it in there for 2 years (which is technically 3 the way things work out) so ideally I should just take the stocks that I'm allowed to remove without the penalty, then put that on the mortgage. But it also acts as an emergency fund so best to leave it... decisions decisions.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS