++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 6890 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
I think I know why so many sitcoms made fun of the Yankees.

http://www.answers.com/Q/Who_did_the_New_York_Yankees_play_in_the_1999_World_Series

From 1981 to 1996 they were not in the world series. A relatively huge gap for such a good team. And apparently most people blamed Steinbrenner for it.

Yeah, he was. Don't forget that LA might be TV central, but NY is a distant #2. Even if it ain't filmed there many writers / show runners/ whatevers have background there

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: bigboxes

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Power is out. I had to unplug the smoke alarm that is powered by the home, as it was buzzing annoyingly. Fed the cats. Turned off the computers and the UPSes so I didn't have to listen to them dying.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I think even North Carolina has more power than that. Alas, also more water.

Unless you go by Fox News. Apparently there were 500 million people without power. That's more than the population of the entire US. :p

I don't recall if it was Fox news that said that, or another network, but I just laughed when I saw it. Way to over exaggerate.

As a side note, Ottawa and surrounding areas got hit by a tornado, damage is pretty bad.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Put out fresh hummingbird chow, straight from the fridge. I often wonder if they get little ice cream headaches if they get the food too soon.

Reactions: zzuupp

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Did absolutely nothing today. Was just a lazy relax day. I think I'm going to do a workout, then maybe even have more coffee. :p

The forecast changed though, not suppose to rain tomorrow or Monday anymore so I will look at getting my shed solar panels done.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Seems like Fathead and Mom have turned against Minime. She weirded out on me a week or two ago, and since then Mom hisses at her, and Fathead doesn't keep as close. She's kind of irritating, but I don't like seeing her ostracized by her peers. I'm used to seeing them as a group, and it'll be helpful to them if they can get along. You need someone to watch your back when you're out in the wild.

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
Ned

Just got back from a "wake" for Robbo. One last HAIL to the REDSKINS buddy. May you get a hole in one in the great Pebble Beach in the sky.