++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 6302 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have not bought hardware in a while myself. I find with costs of living always going up money is getting tighter so less "fun stuff" purchases. My next computer related purchase is probably going to be a 4k monitor though. Been wanting to replace my triple monitor setup with a single 4k for a while for simplicity. Dealing with multi monitor in Windows or Linux has always frustrated me since you can never predict where stuff is going to open as each app treats it differently.

So probably will be a Christmas present to myself. Need to get rid of my KVM setup though as I doubt the KVM can do 4k, so I need to figure out my gaming machine situation. Might hook it up to the TV and play games on the TV instead. Just need to figure out a proper seating arrangement like some kind of pull out desk.

I kinda blew all my savings on my shed though. :p Even spending more than I wanted to so had to dip into credit. But hopefully I can pay it off by Christmas.

Pick2

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2017
I'm going to start the week long process of grooming My Great Pyrenees , Alex
<---- Pic right there - I really need to get avatars of My other two dogs and rotate them out from time to time - they are feeling left out ...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I'm going to start the week long process of grooming My Great Pyrenees , Alex
<---- Pic right there - I really need to get avatars of My other two dogs and rotate them out from time to time - they are feeling left out ...
w3-300x300.jpg

Reactions: bigboxes and Pick2

Pick2

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2017
I have one of those , but you typically don't shave down a triple coat dog. I use a long tined rake to get the snarls out with a judicious bit of scissor snips.
The dog hair clippers I have I use on Myself :)

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I saw gang stalking referenced in a reddit thread, and thought I'd look it up for something to read. I'm already familiar with it, but I'm bored, and wanted some reading material. Holy shit, what a barrage of words, and I only got ~5% down the page. WTF is it with conspiracy theorists that prevents them from being succinct?! I've read less wordy published medical studies. They're all like that. The wackier the theory, the more words that come with it.

w._c._fields_quotes.jpg

Reactions: Pick2

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I saw gang stalking referenced in a reddit thread, and thought I'd look it up for something to read. I'm already familiar with it, but I'm bored, and wanted some reading material. Holy shit, what a barrage of words, and I only got ~5% down the page. WTF is it with conspiracy theorists that prevents them from being succinct?! I've read less wordy published medical studies. They're all like that. The wackier the theory, the more words that come with it.

w._c._fields_quotes.jpg

That's a cool jpg. I don't know if I like the faux-type font. I used a typewriter for some years.

Reactions: WaTaGuMp and Pick2

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
That's a cool jpg. I don't know if I like the faux-type font. I used a typewriter for some years.
Yea, it's kind of blurry. I like pseudo typewriter fonts for special purpose stuff. I might use something like that once every couple years, but it' nice to have in the toolbox.

Here's one I use on occasion...

https://fontlibrary.org/en/font/gnutypewriter

That's a good site for libre fonts. If I install a font, I want to be able to use it everywhere without having to worry about being hassled by the copyright gestapo.

Reactions: Pick2 and bigboxes

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I had a Brother typewriter
I've got a royal portable that was my father's, and an old underwood I got from the thrift shop with the intention of making a steampunk keyboard. After getting it home and looking at it, I can't bring myself to cut it apart. It's in too good a shape, and could be a working typewriter again. So now I have another dust collector...

Reactions: Pick2 and bigboxes