++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 487 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
It's a risk in DIY. I'm kinda amazed that I haven't zapped anything, yet.

In 16 years of building PCs, I have fried one CPU (a P120) during an overclocking experiment and apparently this one due to the board damage. Out of dozens and dozens of PCs, those are the only accidents I've ever had.

As a matter-of-fact, I think I can actually count on one hand the times any of my components have died while in use. I lost a GeForce 6800GT, a 15 GB hard drive, and a RAM kit (though it was brand new and just didn't work). I don't recall any other components croaking.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I wonder if glossed carbon fiber would look good with black leather in a G. I know it looks pretty sharp in a BMW. Idle musing!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
NEF BITCHES!
NEF!

NEE FFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hump.gif

Last edited:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
$16 for 32oz, which is about 30 washes, or $40 for 128oz, which is about 120 washes.

I expect even if it is a very cold and miserable winter, i.e. four months, that'll be about eight washes to a year. The rest of the year, with decent weather (55+ F), I can do a full wash, with rinsing, and a different soap. The idea of a no-rinse soap weirds me out a bit.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I could get ONR and just use that all winter, but if the weather is decent, I'd rather do a full wash with a hose and normal soap.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
SHORTY! Hi!

EAT ME YOU BASTARD!

Also, Netflix finally got DS9 and Frasier and a bunch of other shit. I was tired of watching videos on Amazon. Too slow and clunky. Doesnt scale well, and it messes up any other site also using Flash at the same time. And I finally saw Godfather 1 and 2. Now I get the hundreds of references every other Hollywood movie makes.

Still waiting on 3.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
And during the rougher parts of winter, I'll need to go spend a buck at the car wash to use a hose and blast the car off anyways. I wouldn't really want to spend the time outside washing it down though, and they don't have hot water.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
EAT ME YOU BASTARD!

Also, Netflix finally got DS9 and Frasier and a bunch of other shit. I was tired of watching videos on Amazon. Too slow and clunky. Doesnt scale well, and it messes up any other site also using Flash at the same time.

I only eat females. :awe:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Adding up detailing stuff... I don't know where my numbers have gone wrong, but it's adding up way past what I had come up with.