++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 324 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
My parents have decided that they'll help cover the gap to go to newer G35x with much lower mileage.

Black/black/silver - so it's black exterior, black leather interior, polished aluminum trim instead of gloss rosewood trim. I loved the rosewood contrast.

I can't confirm the speakers type, Bose or standard. I would guess Bose from the general outlay of the car. It does have a sunroof, I assume it has the HID non-projector lights, it has the sixteen way power driver's seat and at least six adjustments for the passenger seat. I don't even know how to have sixteen adjustments for a seat. Inflatable bolsters? Beats me. Wheel/cluster adjustment unknown, probably there. No signs of a sunshade, might not be an option. Has memory and auto seat. Has a pop-up navigation system, I know nothing of Infiniti's older nav system quality (I'm a Garmin guy, and that's pretty much the high mark of the industry).

Two owner car, a two year lease, then three year personal ownership. Might have an aftermarket spoiler, it's not terrible looking though, I know it's aftermarket because I'm really good with cars, but it's tasteful.

Looks like a good used car lot, but they've had it since the end of May, I have no idea why. Either something is wrong with the car, something is wrong with the dealer, or they aren't budging on the cost.

68000 miles (a whopping 40k below the rosewood car) on a 2006 (one year newer) priced at $16000. Ouch. I don't really understand why they are helping like that, haven't had time to get a good discussion on it, because that's quite a bit. Although my mother has said something to the effect of $4000 for my 05-06 G35x, or $24000 for Dad to get an 07-08 G35x, so she wins for it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
My parents have decided that they'll help cover the gap to go to newer G35x with much lower mileage.

Black/black/silver - so it's black exterior, black leather interior, polished aluminum trim instead of gloss rosewood trim. I loved the rosewood contrast.

I can't confirm the speakers type, Bose or standard. I would guess Bose from the general outlay of the car. It does have a sunroof, I assume it has the HID non-projector lights, it has the sixteen way power driver's seat and at least six adjustments for the passenger seat. I don't even know how to have sixteen adjustments for a seat. Inflatable bolsters? Beats me. Wheel/cluster adjustment unknown, probably there. No signs of a sunshade, might not be an option. Has memory and auto seat. Has a pop-up navigation system, I know nothing of Infiniti's older nav system quality (I'm a Garmin guy, and that's pretty much the high mark of the industry).

Two owner car, a two year lease, then three year personal ownership. Might have an aftermarket spoiler, it's not terrible looking though, I know it's aftermarket because I'm really good with cars, but it's tasteful.

Looks like a good used car lot, but they've had it since the end of May, I have no idea why. Either something is wrong with the car, something is wrong with the dealer, or they aren't budging on the cost.

68000 miles (a whopping 40k below the rosewood car) on a 2006 (one year newer) priced at $16000. Ouch. I don't really understand why they are helping like that, haven't had time to get a good discussion on it, because that's quite a bit. Although my mother has said something to the effect of $4000 for my 05-06 G35x, or $24000 for Dad to get an 07-08 G35x, so she wins for it.

don't care about car speakers.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
don_t_panic_button.jpg

Minerva

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999

Bose sucks dude.
Get a radio. If you give a shit about your tunes you get an aftermarket system.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Student Financial Services says that private loans usually take until after add/drop to be applied. The new invoice says due on 9/20. SFS said final adjustments must be done by late October. The invoice amount is fifty cents over what should be coming from the loan company, although I think somebody charges a fifteen dollar fee in the middle. Either way, should be okay.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Bose sucks dude.
Get a radio. If you give a shit about your tunes you get an aftermarket system.

Bose tends to come with these cars. I do give a shit about my music, but then again, the bulk of it is MP3, and I have much higher priorities to spend money on than a new set of speakers and a new HU, plus fitting a HU into the car.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Bose tends to come with these cars. I do give a shit about my music, but then again, the bulk of it is MP3, and I have much higher priorities to spend money on than a new set of speakers and a new HU, plus fitting a HU into the car.

waste of time.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
What is? Fitting in new speakers and HU? Well, yeah, I pretty much said that. :D

Or is it the fitting in new speakers and HU given that I listen to MP3?

messing with car audio.

you spend the same amount in home audio and you will love it.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
They have a $300 coupon that keeps popping up, but it stipulates car must be delivered by tonight, so that's not happening.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
The few dollars to get the screen protector on my phone just saved it from a scratch, fumbled coming out of my pocket, ended up driving it into the metal chair edge to prevent a two foot fall on concrete.

Would like to escape work early, don't think it can happen.

Stock market up, checking my stocks! :awe:

Stocks up $200, looking to gain another $600 before moving.

Looks like ING has finally taken care of putting in automatic columns to calculate what I've been doing by hand for so long.