++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 3079 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
my copy of Office is finally activated after 4 months.

I am no longer a dirty pirate hooker

MontyAC

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2004
quote.gif

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
we are on 2003... and xp... and Novell...

we are still small enough that we can keep up to date on things. At the rate we are growing though...I don't think that will last much longer.

We *just* got a ticket system for IT. I refuse to use it though. I just IM the IT manager and tell him to fix shit!

...then he tells me to fix it myself :p

Apr 12, 2010
we are still small enough that we can keep up to date on things. At the rate we are growing though...I don't think that will last much longer.

We *just* got a ticket system for IT. I refuse to use it though. I just IM the IT manager and tell him to fix shit!

...then he tells me to fix it myself :p
Without a ticket system, I always forget shit without the random little detail notes about whatever I'm working on.
Worked at some places that used ticket system. Then worked at others that didn't & I was like fuuuuuu taking tons of random notes on paper.

Last edited:

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Without a ticket system, I always forget shit without the random little detail notes about whatever I'm working on.

we use MS Spark for instant messaging. Normally we just spark someone in IT and they handle stuff right away. But now our IT people are working out of the office a lot and with all the new projects and growth, they need a system to keep track of stuff.

Its not a bad thing, I sparked the IT manager about my Office, he made a ticket, sparked me the key and closed out the ticket. All set in under 5 minutes total.

I'm just sad that we are losing the small business feel.

On a related note, they are making an Access DB just for what I do. I'm really not looking forward to that. Right now I just kind of do my thing and keep track of everything in my head. Pretty soon I'm going to have to use that DB which is good and bad at the same time. I can say "look, I saved the company $3,000 this week. Pay me!" But then again I don't like people watching what and how much I do.

fjmeat

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2010
we use MS Spark for instant messaging. Normally we just spark someone in IT and they handle stuff right away. But now our IT people are working out of the office a lot and with all the new projects and growth, they need a system to keep track of stuff.

Its not a bad thing, I sparked the IT manager about my Office, he made a ticket, sparked me the key and closed out the ticket. All set in under 5 minutes total.

I'm just sad that we are losing the small business feel.

On a related note, they are making an Access DB just for what I do. I'm really not looking forward to that. Right now I just kind of do my thing and keep track of everything in my head. Pretty soon I'm going to have to use that DB which is good and bad at the same time. I can say "look, I saved the company $3,000 this week. Pay me!" But then again I don't like people watching what and how much I do.

no more neffing neff