++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 2923 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
99 that's insane. I turned off the hose from inside the other day, I still have to air out the line though. I want to see if I can find a 1/2 copper fitting that has a quick connect for an air compressor, so I can hook it up and run it for a few hours. There always seems to be enough residual water left in the line that it freezes. Even though it's a "frost free" valve the cold just travels the whole length and it freezes past the valve section. So far we did not get below zero temperature though, it's a slightly warmer than normal September. A bit of a morning frost but that's about it.

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
We got a brief rain shower this morning, which caused the humidity to skyrocket. Now the sun is back out and it's steaming up outside. Suppose to be around 90ºF today.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It can get below 50 here. And by that, I mean, 50 below. :p Though tbh, anything past say, -25, all feels the same. If there's no wind it's actually not that bad. I walked to school in -50 when I was in high school. There was zero wind, I did not even realize it was cold till I got to school and found out it was cancelled since the buses would not start. Diesel turns into a gel at those temps. Walked back home, day off! That's one thing I do miss from school, it's snow days. Those did not exist in college and definitively do not at work.