++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1419 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I did not watch any of the Star Trek movies/shows either.. except for the 2009 one, which I like a lot.

I was just born and raised in a different culture. The first Hollywood movie I saw in theaters was MI2. :p
Surely there's a Hollywood version where everyone breaks into dance every 2 minutes :p

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Eli is borderline elite and definitely a better QB than Rapelisberger.

Leaving out the whole personal problem, I'd rather have Rofflesburger than Eli. Rofflesburger is more consistent, isn't as likely to force retarded throws that end in picks, and doesn't create a good season based heavily on having a trio of really good receivers that can catch anything thrown in their general direction. He also functions as a very good QB despite having an offensive line that couldn't stop a troop of Girl Scouts.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I'm not excited at all for the game. Trying to decide if I should get together with friends and stuff myself with pizza or just stay home and play video games all day.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Leaving out the whole personal problem, I'd rather have Rofflesburger than Eli. Rofflesburger is more consistent, isn't as likely to force retarded throws that end in picks, and doesn't create a good season based heavily on having a trio of really good receivers that can catch anything thrown in their general direction. He also functions as a very good QB despite having an offensive line that couldn't stop a troop of Girl Scouts.
I also prefer Ben, I don't have any daughters though :p

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Chem professor gave me some really poorly written dickish email... I'm not entirely certain what he's getting at, aside from proving to me that he's terrible at understanding English. The key point is that he's saying he won't do anything about the online homework section that was due prior to my enrollment from the wait list, and I take that as an implication he'll also grade me a zero on the quiz from the first week.

So I sent back another email, a little more clearly worded, with specific dates written in, and made my position even more definitive.

If he persists in being a dick about it, I'll have to talk to the head of the chem department. I should not get fucked over for a quiz and a homework section when I could not possibly do them.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
He referenced a "25 minute announcement" from the first class (I wasn't even on the wait list yet at that point, I was probably looking at the schedule builder at that time), and said he won't repeat it (gee, there's a shock), and to ask my classmates for it (lolwut?).

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
He also kept babbling about getting his permission to join late, but I came in from wait list, I didn't need any permission from him.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
IIRC, from the way most colleges are run, the higher ups are utterly powerless to do anything to teachers to force them to grade fairly, et cetera.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Okay, now he says thanks for the further explanation, and he will ask other instructors, but won't change anything for now.

The other instructors are supposedly even worse than he is. Both of them speak better English, but they're headed down the road towards being evil.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Just got another message from the chem prof. He's re-opening the first homework section, I have until Friday to take it. He's not going to waive or let me retake quiz 1, on the grounds that he drops the lowest two quizzes at the end of the semester.

I think that's a bit bullshit still, because I could not possibly take that first quiz, but now I end up getting one of my two low quiz drops used up on something that was not my fault.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I hope there's a chance to review him at the end of the semester, but I doubt it. If there is such a chance, it's going to be a really nasty review.