++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1142 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
During a job interview, you want to keep eye contact with the person you're talking to. It makes you seem more alert and confident.
Here's the trick: every five or ten seconds switch the eye you're looking at. It's such a small motion that the other person can't see it, but it makes your eyes look like they're sparkling, which makes you look very interested in what the other person is saying.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
And anything off Reroute to Remain reminds me of Halo 2... because I was forbidden from playing video games when it came out, but I had a small TV borrowed from a friend in my room (doing nothing, yet the parents never asked about it), hooked up the Xbox, and played Halo 2 in my room until I beat the campaign, with Reroute to Remain playing on repeat (no computer up there, and I didn't own many CD's) as a background noise and as a cover.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
During a job interview, you want to keep eye contact with the person you're talking to. It makes you seem more alert and confident.
Here's the trick: every five or ten seconds switch the eye you're looking at. It's such a small motion that the other person can't see it, but it makes your eyes look like they're sparkling, which makes you look very interested in what the other person is saying.

Clever. I always look just off the side of someone's head, eye contact is scary. :(

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Whoracle was respectable, Colony and Clayman were good. I got my start on In Flames with Clayman.
I started with Jester Race, plus Dark Tranquillity is my favorite metal band, that should explain my dislike for anything beyond Clayman.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I can actually track my musical progression still.

Unnamed country and classic rock/oldies until I was, oh, 13?

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
My last interviewer was pretty cute, this was never a problem for me :D

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I started with Jester Race, plus Dark Tranquillity is my favorite metal band, that should explain my dislike for anything beyond Clayman.

Oh, yeah, that would explain things better. Me, I've never cared for Dark Tranquility.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Then I stumbled onto Disturbed. Either Down with the Sickness or Stupify.

After a few months, I went back to LP, and found it tame and boring.

So I went further!

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I actually had felt, a couple years prior, that I would enjoy heavy metal, if I could just find heavy metal. The concept sounded cool.