ATOT effect humbully requested

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
This magazine is having a contest to win a trip that my girlfriend really wants to win. All you have to do is follow this link http://www.concierge.com/cntra.../march/Uffizi.JPG.html and to the top right of the picture under "rate this entry:" give it five stars.

She took this picture while in Florence a year ago and she has been dieing to go back ever since. I cant really afford to take her back right now but if she wins this trip she would go absolutely nuts.

Any help is appreciated, THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYONE!

(it helps that its a really cool picture)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
pics of gf required before voting

is it supposed to be blurry as all hell too?

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex

ya its supposed to be a bit blurry. she is really into photography and I think it was on purpose. dont have any pics on my computer of her, only normal photos in a box.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: TheoPetro

ya its supposed to be a bit blurry. she is really into photography and I think it was on purpose. dont have any pics on my computer of her, only normal photos in a box.

Oh wow, box photos? I know what that means. Scan and post.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dude...you know the rules...no pix, no vote...

I kid of course...

L

Lola

Done!! My very best wishes to her and you.

I will try to remember to visit each computer I may be on.

Good luck.

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: TheoPetro

Oh wow, box photos? I know what that means. Scan and post.

no scanner :( I only have one of those old fashioned one in all printers not the new all in ones

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
no offense to the OP, but can we please start banning these types of requests? it seems they are getting more and more frequent. I mean the occasional one is ok, but what if everyone and their neighbor starts doing this? do you really want to have to dig through this kind of stuff? I think it would be for the good of the forum to ban this type of post.

TheoPetro

Banned
Nov 30, 2004
Originally posted by: TheShiz
no offense to the OP, but can we please start banning these types of requests? it seems they are getting more and more frequent. I mean the occasional one is ok, but what if everyone and their neighbor starts doing this? do you really want to have to dig through this kind of stuff? I think it would be for the good of the forum to ban this type of post.

I could see banning them if the same poster did it relentlessly but I havnt noticed anyone spamming the forum with these.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: TheShiz
Agreed. I would ban these kinds of posts simply because its incredibly unfair to other contest entrants. People here will just blindly click and vote without merit; they'll give it a high rating even if it doesn't deserve one...the voter might not even care about photography period.

And this particular photo is simply a blurry handheld exposure at night. Tell her to use a tripod next time. The people can be blurry (because they're moving) but the buildings shouldn't be. Makes me dizzy just looking at it.

Don't worry OP; I say the same thing in every contest thread I see, and enough people still vote in your favor. Nobody seems to get the message.