ATOT 2K7 Secret Santa Gift Thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
First off, I want to say I am glad everyone has been enjoying their gifts. Its nice to see the positive response we've been getting so far. Lets hope this trend continues. :)

Secondly, I got my SS package and it made me say "Are you kidding me?" like a million times!!! THANKS SS! YOU ROCK!!!!

What?!?!
Where'd it go???
Ah, it was in HERE!

Un-freakin-believable. I look forward to using it A LOT! Still shocked by it! :D :D :D

:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q

Congrats!!!!! Your SS is crazy!!!

BTW, didn't you get an autographed BTTF poster from a SS one year?

Some people have all the luck :(:p:D

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Yzzim
First off, I want to say I am glad everyone has been enjoying their gifts. Its nice to see the positive response we've been getting so far. Lets hope this trend continues. :)

Secondly, I got my SS package and it made me say "Are you kidding me?" like a million times!!! THANKS SS! YOU ROCK!!!!

What?!?!
Where'd it go???
Ah, it was in HERE!

Un-freakin-believable. I look forward to using it A LOT! Still shocked by it! :D :D :D

im guessing free zune from Club live or one of those che cheap ones from woot, either way kick ass

i woudl have sent my free zune out if i hadent sold it

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com

What?!?!
Where'd it go???
Ah, it was in HERE!

Yes last year I got an autographed BTTF postcard (autographs certified) and the previous year an iPod shuffle (my SS read that the one I had was stolen and gave me his used one).

According to amdskip, my SS bought this and ended up not liking it and going with an iPod instead. Guess instead of getting his money back he decided to send it. Still can't get over it. A 30 GB Zune is nuts! Transferring my mp3s now! :D

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006

What?!?!
Where'd it go???
Ah, it was in HERE!

Yes last year I got an autographed BTTF postcard (autographs certified) and the previous year an iPod shuffle (my SS read that the one I had was stolen and gave me his used one).

According to amdskip, my SS bought this and ended up not liking it and going with an iPod instead. Guess instead of getting his money back he decided to send it. Still can't get over it. A 30 GB Zune is nuts! Transferring my mp3s now! :D

holy lord! i think i would have wet myself.

congrats :)

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Got mine today. My SS appealed to my :heart: of NASCAR and sent me 2 Nascar DVD's and a CD of great Christmas Songs!!!!!

PICTURE!!!!

Thanks sooo much. I just got my Daytona 500 tix in the mail 2 weeks ago so this adds even more excitement for me for the upcoming season.

Thanks again SS!!!!!!

-Sinsear

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Looks like a lot of Santas had their wives/girlfriends wrap their gifts :).

That is not true... some girls did participate and maybe they like to draw stuff and wrap things nicely!!!!! ;)

I wrapped mine. It wasn't the best, but the box wasn't exactly square.

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Coquito
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Looks like a lot of Santas had their wives/girlfriends wrap their gifts :).

That is not true... some girls did participate and maybe they like to draw stuff and wrap things nicely!!!!! ;)

I wrapped mine. It wasn't the best, but the box wasn't exactly square.

Wrapped mine too, although I forgot to include a card :eek: .

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
My gift has arrived but I won't get to open it until January 2nd when I am back in town.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I got my second set of gifts from my second Secret Santa yesterday! Whoever you are, SS, you're very generous Not only did I get 2 very excellent gifts (see pics below), my Santa contributed $68 to the Child's Play Children Hospitals!
Yay!!!

Wrapped Gifts and Card
Gifts unwrapped - I really love the fact that you included a custom Chrono Trigger mousepad :) I was in need of a new mousepad (old one had coffee stains) and I'm a huge Chrono Trigger fan, so it was the perfect gift!

I also like the Discovery Channel's Shark Week anniversary gift box. I only got to see part of last year's, so now I get to see much more. Sharks get bad publicity :( , but at least this series shows them as they are.

Thanks again for the cool gifts and donation! Best SS year ever :)

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001

What?!?!
Where'd it go???
Ah, it was in HERE!

A big :thumbsup: for the Zune and the "where'd it go?" (lol) :) Make sure you get the new firmware (though you probably know that already), I think it's 2.3. I just tried using a JPEG ebook on my Zune a couple days ago - not perfect, but it's pretty cool, considering I only got it to play mp3s and AMVs.

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
My gift just arrived yesterday. Thanks Secret Santa. :)

New Books to Read...

I just checked the tracking on the package I sent out. It looks like USPS attempted delivery but no one was home to sign for the package. Hopefully he will be home today when they attempt the second delivery.

pointdablame

Apr 25, 2004
Now that I don't have to work and have the week off, I actually have a few moments to myself!!! woot!! I got these a good number of days ago, but didn't get a chance to snap any pictures until now, so here's my gifts. I'll be waiting until Xmas to open them, though I'm very excited to see what they are!! Thanks so much SS, I can't wait to open them up. I'll be sure to take some more pics too.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/pointdablame/pdb_SS07.jpg

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
My SS made sure I would have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year with a bottle of Jameson! Thanks SS, you totally rule!!!

R

chickadee

May 3, 2004
I dont have a camera :( But I got Optimash Prime!! <3 and 2 books off of my SS list.

THank you SS <3

Ushio

Jul 19, 2004
I did not get my gift yet... still Monday though!

still waiting here too, hopefully will get here in the morning since leaving in the afternoon~

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Got mine today! I'm so stoked! Looks like my SS definitely did his/her homework on this as I'm very into VW and of course fishing. I'll be able to use the GC towards a new fly reel and I'll Velcro the car to my dashboard. Thanks SS, you made my day!!

Nice little note
And the goods!!