ATITool single artifact quite strange.

darkhorror

Aug 13, 2006
I have a single artifact that comes up on scan artifacts and it only appears at one point. I am also able to make the artifact come and go. Basicly if I do something else it will bring the artifact up. Like if I am running scan artifacts then I move my mouse down to the bottom navigation bar and move it over the bar and bring up the popup that tells me more info about what that application is the artifact will pop up. If I move it back and fourth between two of them bringing up back and fourth it will bring almost constantly bring the artifact up.

Doesn't matter the speed first time I scanned for artifacts without ever overclocking I got this error. I Tried lowering the speed and it doesn't change it, then overclocked and didn't change it.

it's an 8800gs EVGA

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
at first glance it looks like theres a hardware problem with the card. unless someone has a better idea, i'd go for an RMA

darkhorror

Aug 13, 2006
Yeah I tried that changing the clock lower even much lower doesn't do anything. Overclocking doesn't make it any worse, and I never notice anything in games or anywhere else. Plus the spot where I get the artifact is always the same it doesn't move around at all.