ATI CCC problems...

sparka

Oct 3, 2005
Well, I just installed the Catalyst Control Center from the Dhzer0point drivers. The CCC was not installed previously

The problem that I am having is that it will not launch.
I double click, and nothing happens. I can see CLI.exe in the task manager though.

Sometimes when I double click it comes up with an error saying:
"You do not have permission to change CATALYST Control Center settings. Please contact your administrator for further help" and closes instantly.

Before you ask, YES I do have administrator priveleges
I've tried reinstalling the drivers...nothing

Any ideas??
Thanks

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006
Theres a team around here who wants to push and promote ATI products but when their critically acclaimed drivers do things like this, everyone evaporates.

My suggestion is to use Driver Cleaner in safe mode and reinstall the drivers.

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Crusader
Theres a team around here who wants to push and promote ATI products but when their critically acclaimed drivers do things like this, everyone evaporates.

My suggestion is to use Driver Cleaner in safe mode and reinstall the drivers.

No need to turn this into an argument :x.

In any case, try what he said, and if that doesn't work (and it didn't work for me), just download the driver itself and use ATI Tray Tools - I'm actually more happy this way, as it uses less resources and is on the whole easier to use.

Maruta731

Sep 23, 2006
You do have .NET Framework installed, right?

Why the hell are you using Dhzer0point drivers anyway? Repackaged files from different driver releases don't equal a better product. For one thing, they are not gonna have ATI's army of QA personnel to do compatibility testing on all common hardware configs.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Crusader
Theres a team around here who wants to push and promote ATI products but when their critically acclaimed drivers do things like this, everyone evaporates..

My suggestion is to use Driver Cleaner in safe mode and reinstall the drivers