ATI/AMD driver for x600m on win8rp?

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
I have an old toshiba laptop with an ati x600m gpu. Windows 8 release preview installed okay (after finding a workable driver for the intel 2200bg wifi), but no driver installed for the x600m- so my laptop display is stuck at 1024x768. I tried getting a working driver by downloading the latest amd driver, and the ati legacy driver. However, mobility modder does not for me on win8. Any ideas?

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
I downloaded the x600 and the x1400 drivers from the ms catalog, altered all the exe's for winxp compatibility, then forced a driver update from the device manager, telling it to search in the folder w/ the unpacked cab files. Worked well. This laptop was never able to run win7 due to various incompatibilities, but win8 seems fine.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
I downloaded the x600 and the x1400 drivers from the ms catalog, altered all the exe's for winxp compatibility, then forced a driver update from the device manager, telling it to search in the folder w/ the unpacked cab files. Worked well. This laptop was never able to run win7 due to various incompatibilities, but win8 seems fine.

Wow, great work.....I have a toshiba with GF2 Go, and of course W7 doesnt have a driver....how do you alter the exe's for compatiblilty?..Just curious!