ATI 5870 Triple XFire tested

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
Originally posted by: RussianSensation
Originally posted by: Lonyo

So if you are buying another monitor to make the three, make it DP.

I just did a search on Newegg and I could only find 1 $350 22 inch DP LCD.

If they intended to make Eyefinity accessible by almost anyone, they should at least allowed you to use a Displayport -> hdmi adapter.

Samsung is coming out with some new thin bezel 1080p monitors for Eyefinity. Sound like they will be priced around ~$200 each with the stand being around $200 also.

What we really need though are monitors with no bezel period.

ilkhan

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2006
Originally posted by: Soleron
If Hydra is any good then Intel will put it in their PCH (since they are a major investor in Lucid) and AMD (and Nvidia, if they're still making chipsets) will copy it for their northbridge. No need for a separate chip.
Hydra will never be built into the s1156 chipsets natively (the architecture wouldn't support it). But its possible for an X68/s1366 chipset...

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
AMD is the only GPU manufacturer that has supported, and continues to support, running more than two cards in a single multi-GPU configuration.
Great opening paragraph lol triple gtx 280?

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Ben90
AMD is the only GPU manufacturer that has supported, and continues to support, running more than two cards in a single multi-GPU configuration.
Great opening paragraph lol triple gtx 280?

I think they mean pairing a multi-GPU card with a single GPU card.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: thilanliyan
I think the new Dell U2410 has displayport.

The Dell Ultrasharp 2408 has it as well (at least my Rev 2 does).

vailr

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Soleron
If Hydra is any good then Intel will put it in their PCH (since they are a major investor in Lucid) and AMD (and Nvidia, if they're still making chipsets) will copy it for their northbridge. No need for a separate chip.

Unlikely: what if Lucid has a valid patent and if they don't feel inclined to license it to Intel/ATI/nVidia. Whatever makes them more $$'s (company profits), is the way the technology will end up going. Not necessarily the most logical or efficient solution for the end-user.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Just learning
Originally posted by: RussianSensation
Originally posted by: Lonyo

So if you are buying another monitor to make the three, make it DP.

I just did a search on Newegg and I could only find 1 $350 22 inch DP LCD.

If they intended to make Eyefinity accessible by almost anyone, they should at least allowed you to use a Displayport -> hdmi adapter.

Samsung is coming out with some new thin bezel 1080p monitors for Eyefinity. Sound like they will be priced around ~$200 each with the stand being around $200 also.

What we really need though are monitors with no bezel period.

Seems like a perfect time for that curved display that was shown off a while back.