ATI 5870 2GB Eyefinity (6) Edition review

shangshang

May 17, 2008
AMD is an American company but lol why is it that a Chinese or Scandanavian site always seem to get the first review of the latest and greatest of everything?

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
TSMC is in Taiwan, the vast majority of board partners are Chinese based, from the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Asus, MSI, Sparkle, Poworcolor, Leadtek etc are from Taiwan and XFX and Sapphire is from Hong Kong.

Makes sense ot me.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Take a look at corrupt foreigners who know how many monitors popular in foreign countries, but unfortunately can not be a good multi-screen so that players who play the game have been relatively depressed, and now with the AMD's Eyefinety new techniques, multi-screen, ultra-high resolution playing games is no longer a distant dream.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
nice, the 6 DP backplate has full clearance to route the hot air out.

needs 8 + 6 pin pcie instead of 6 + 6.

I'll probably wait for the eyefinity6 version.

jvroig

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
I wonder how accurate that translation is (as quoted by VirtualLarry). I mean... Taiwanese reviewers really call people who own large (30"+?) monitors "corrupt foreigners"? Really? Or are "corrupt foreigners" supposed to mean the game developers? Could hardly follow the quote, I'm not even sure if I was supposed to laugh (no, didn't) or just be plain bewildered (spot on)

Nox51

Jul 4, 2009
It's just the way google translated it, I doubt that the actual review says that. Some phrases just aren't translated well at all.

nomagic

Dec 28, 2005
The review is certainly not done by Taiwanese reviewers. The choice of words suggests that the article is written by people in mainland China. The Taiwanese and the Chinese use different terms for many words such as laser, monitor, potato. Another obvious hint is that the article is written in simplified Chinese.

jvroig

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
The review is certainly not done by Taiwanese reviewers. The choice of words suggests that the article is written by people in mainland China. The Taiwanese and the Chinese use different terms for many words such as laser, monitor, potato. Another obvious hint is that the article is written in simplified Chinese.

Oops, I stand corrected. :) Sorry, I didn't even read the article, I just responded to IDC's quote, and mistakenly assumed it was Taiwanese since these leaks generally come from Taiwan (that's where most chips are dumped for production, after all, right?)