Athlon XP 1.6 vs. P4 Xeon 1.7 MP comparison @ GamePc.

AGodspeed

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2001
I wouldn't trust GamePC's benchmarks. The last 3 or 4 articles I've read over there had mistakes and the benchmarks contradicted what other web sites like Anandtech and Aceshardware were getting. In fact, go read Ace's latest article, his Workstation guide. You'll see how just a 1.53GHz MP takes apart a 1.7GHz Xeon, yet GamePC shows a tie between a 1.6GHz MP and a 1.7GHz Xeon (not only that, but they included gaming benchmarks. There's no point in that for a workstation class product).

jcmkk

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2001
I don't understand why the AMD MP has more memory bandwith than the single CPU AMD.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< I wouldn't trust GamePC's benchmarks. The last 3 or 4 articles I've read over there had mistakes and the benchmarks contradicted what other web sites like Anandtech and Aceshardware were getting. In fact, go read Ace's latest article, his Workstation guide. You'll see how just a 1.53GHz MP takes apart a 1.7GHz Xeon, yet GamePC shows a tie between a 1.6GHz MP and a 1.7GHz Xeon (not only that, but they included gaming benchmarks. There's no point in that for a workstation class product). >>

Agreed, I was going to say something, but I already pointed this out in their last MP article:

Intel P4 Xeon vs. AMD Athlon MP at GamePC

Snoop

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
What is up with GamePC, this is the second article this guy has written in which his results are TOTALLY off what the other reviewers came up with. In this thread, which started from his 1.53MP vs 1.8xeon review, he dropped in and stated:

<< Hey guys : I'm more than willing to re-run certain benchmarks to do a few benchmarks of your choosing. I've still got both platforms up and running. If you guys have any questions about my testing methodology, please feel free to ask >>

Yet, he never responded to numerous posts that virtually proved his numbers were either made up or the benchmarking machines were configured incorrectly.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< What is up with GamePC, this is the second article this guy has written in which his results are TOTALLY off what the other reviewers came up with. In this thread, which started from his 1.53MP vs 1.8xeon review, he dropped in and stated:

<< Hey guys : I'm more than willing to re-run certain benchmarks to do a few benchmarks of your choosing. I've still got both platforms up and running. If you guys have any questions about my testing methodology, please feel free to ask >>

Yet, he never responded to numerous posts that virtually proved his numbers were either made up or the benchmarking machines were configured incorrectly.
>>

I'm still waiting for his response ;)