AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 98 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Agh, the cost of wow token exploded 3000g over the past couple days alone with no signs of going down. I wish I had the gold then that I do now when they were 15,000g a pop.

Tsavo

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2009
Agh, the cost of wow token exploded 3000g over the past couple days alone with no signs of going down. I wish I had the gold then that I do now when they were 15,000g a pop.

Weird. 34k gold is too rich. I'll hoard gold until the price gets reasonable again. I'm glad I bought 8m worth of sub time when the price was 24k.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
speaking of gold, those missions have been rather MIA from the garrison lately.

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
speaking of gold, those missions have been rather MIA from the garrison lately.

Very much so. Got one in the last few weeks that was worth 1600g with my treasure hunters. Still I make a decent amount off of toys and medallions that I can't complain. I have seven 30 days tokens now and about 370,000g

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
After reading some more threads (from page 94) and realising i've been a complete noob since vanilla since I don't guild raid ;)

What would be the best way to further develop my noobness in WoW as mainly a solo player? Achievements hunting? LRG/LFR? Archeologylylylyly?

What's new to WoW since 6.0?

I want to start a new toon just to get back in the game and comfortably play a relaxing game...

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
We’ve just updated our Patch 6.2.3 preview blog post with the following details:

Upgrading an item costs 250 Valor for +5 item levels.
Hellfire Citadel items, Dungeon loot, Baleful items, and crafted items can each be upgraded twice, costing a total of 500 Valor for +10 item levels.
There is no hard weekly cap on Valor, but the sources of Valor are inherently not infinitely repeatable.
Valor can be earned in the following ways:
Mythic Dungeon (Valor awarded with dungeon completion, once per dungeon per week) – 300 Valor Points
Complete the weekly Event quest from Seer Kazal (Pet Battle Event excluded) – 500 Valor Points
Heroic Dungeon (complete your first random Heroic of the day) – 100 Valor Points
Raid Finder wing (once per week per wing) – 150 Valor Points for Hellfire Citadel wings, 75 Valor Points for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry wings

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
For the first time, I have no interest of resubbing to see the end content :(

End content is available right now. We're seriously just missing a tier this xpack. Every arena season has a new raid. This keeps pve and pvp gear in line so one isn't so powerful in the other area. Instead of content for pve we get item upgrades to keep them on par.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Stolen from Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3pnwyv/blue_post_about_earning_valor_in_623/

For those who doesn't want to go to the forum, I will summarize it here. Valor in 6.2.3 will not have a hard weekly cap. It can be earn from:
Mythic Dungeon (Valor awarded with dungeon completion, once per dungeon per week) – 300 Valor Points = 2400 per week.

Complete the weekly Event quest from Seer Kazal (Pet Battle Event excluded) – 500 Valor Points.

Heroic Dungeon (complete your first random Heroic of the day) – 100 Valor Points = 700 per week.

Raid Finder wing (once per week per wing) – 150 Valor Points for Hellfire Citadel wings, 75 Valor Points for Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry wings = 1275 per week.

If you do all of these above, you will get 4875 Valor per week, which will be 9 fully upgrade items per week. Not doing LFR will net you 3600 Valor, which equals to 7 fully upgrade items per week.

No valor from normal/heroic/mythic, have to run LFR. :|

Fuck Blizzard.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I really don't understand the LFR only thing, the rest I can deal with but honestly the raiders should get it from doing the raid they are progressing in not going backwards

BergeLSU

Apr 6, 2011
I'm not a fan of this at all.

It seems, as of right now, that my guild is hit its ceiling (13/13H, unable to get a consistent 20 people for Mythic). I'm at my ilvl "cap" until we can actually get Mythic going. I count 14 pieces of gear that I can upgrade for my DK Tank, so I'd need 7000 Valor to reach my new cap. There's no way I'm doing LFR, or Heroic dungeons, so it might take me a while.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I really don't understand the LFR only thing, the rest I can deal with but honestly the raiders should get it from doing the raid they are progressing in not going backwards

It's a shitty ploy to get heroic+ raiders in LFR. Normal level raiders are probably running LFR anyways because they can't complete normal. Heroic first ~5 bosses are easier than normal Manny/archi. Well, before they nerfs.

They always allowed you to get these types of points from your current raid. It's the only reason that explains the change. Artificially pumping LFR, just like they did with PvPers and Ashran (putting certain gear slots only in Ashran).

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I'm not a fan of this at all.

It seems, as of right now, that my guild is hit its ceiling (13/13H, unable to get a consistent 20 people for Mythic). I'm at my ilvl "cap" until we can actually get Mythic going. I count 14 pieces of gear that I can upgrade for my DK Tank, so I'd need 7000 Valor to reach my new cap. There's no way I'm doing LFR, or Heroic dungeons, so it might take me a while.

If you go the time budget route:
3 heroic dungeons/week=300
Mythic dungeon=500
3 HFC LFR wings=450

That's 1250/week logging in 3 times a week for valor, or about 6 weeks for you. I'm in a similar boat, just don't have as many heroic WF pieces as you. I'll likely pick them up by the time I finish upgrading my current gear as my pace will probably be close to what's above.

The good news is, cross realm mythic. The bad news is it sounds nice. Maybe my guild and your guild could form together for mythic runs. Right? No, not really. That would give us 4 tanks and 6-9 healers. So we have people go off spec, which they won't output their top end like the do as main. So you trim. You end up trimming a proven tank and healer from each group. Ouch. Also probably end up with 7 hunters.

That being said you can pug! For mythic. Yeah... Works OK for groups who can fill 18 solid raiders, but most 18 man groups have at least 3-4 who are barely carrying their weight in heroic and can't make the mythic cut. My group is slightly worse off, we fill about 14, I'd cut probably 5 in a mythic group.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
End content is available right now. We're seriously just missing a tier this xpack. Every arena season has a new raid. This keeps pve and pvp gear in line so one isn't so powerful in the other area. Instead of content for pve we get item upgrades to keep them on par.

Yeah I know. I just mean this end content doesn't interest me at all to come back and play. I had some extended breaks every xpac but I came back for LK, DW, and Garrosh.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Has anyone else experienced problems with the imps on Kilrogg? They often become unattackable for my group when I go in the visions. This, of course, means that they get their casts off, and we pop out with way fewer than 20 stacks. It's super annoying and frustrating when it happens.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Weird. 34k gold is too rich. I'll hoard gold until the price gets reasonable again. I'm glad I bought 8m worth of sub time when the price was 24k.

The price isn't getting any more reasonable as we get closer to Legion. This lull in WoW where everyone is burned out or bored with the lack of content is as good as it's going to get. I suppose we should not be too ungrateful. The token is 200,000+ gold in some regions.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Not really applicable though as those regions also have a drastically different pay structure.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
Okay so I have been playing the starter edition of wow recently. Druid and hunter.

The game is ludicrously easy compared to when I last played in vanilla/bc.

On my hunter I'm running around naked and not even coming close to dying. It's like you're massively power leveled and twinkednnow.

When did this change happen again? Cataclysm or pandaria? No more talent trees and such. I mean, easy mode is definitely nice, but it makes the game less of a game now.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Okay so I have been playing the starter edition of wow recently. Druid and hunter.

The game is ludicrously easy compared to when I last played in vanilla/bc.

On my hunter I'm running around naked and not even coming close to dying. It's like you're massively power leveled and twinkednnow.

When did this change happen again? Cataclysm or pandaria? No more talent trees and such. I mean, easy mode is definitely nice, but it makes the game less of a game now.

Easy leveling started in cata and I think made even easier with the stat squish in WoD. The game is almost completely end game focused with the idea most people will have at a minimum one alt. One of the main goals with easy leveling was to help raiders reconfigure their raids. Too many X class? Swap to an alt.

You should see it when people have full heirlooms. Basically 1 shotting everything.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Vanilla's content itself was a mess. You'd pick up a quest in Ashenvale at 20, walk to the clear other side of it, on foot, kill the mobs, walk walk walk all the way back and get the follow up. Which was a level 25 quest. Do that quest and the follow up is a level 30 quest. Unless you're going up 5 levels between quest turn ins you rapidly find yourself priced out of an area, forced to move onto another zone.

You'd do the same in the next zone then trek back to the first one to hit up the follow ups you left off at. It was convoluted and nuts and the only way to circumvent it was with Jame's leveling guide chartering the perfect route through manageable leveled content. You also had quests that required all sorts of obscure items that had you combing the world or the AH for just to get to the next follow up quest. Not talking legendary quest line here, just gold ol' XP. Cata basically fixed all of that, rectifying all the "logistical" woes of vanilla. But the mob stats were under tuned. A pity because compared to the logistical nightmare, retuning the numbers is an easier fix.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
My guild might be falling apart. We just lost arguably our best dps, who wanted a bigger raid schedule (we only raid 6 hours a week), and we've been stuck on mythic Gorefiend for a while. We haven't even had our second day of raiding twice in the last month because we haven't had 20 bodies to even go into mythic.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
My hunter just died 10x times in ghost lands. She was wearing crappy gear and level 15 going against a level 20 elite. Finally got him though :)

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
My hunter just died 10x times in ghost lands. She was wearing crappy gear and level 15 going against a level 20 elite. Finally got him though :)

I think 5 levels difference is where you receive massive penalties to damage.