AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
The original hunter epic weapon transformed between a bow and a staff. Surely some of you remember the old joke: "Hunter weapon".

I think it'd be interesting to see more separation between the specs. Marksman losing the pet completely is kinda meh, I like not having to switch specs to solo, but it's not the end of the world.

I have that bow on my hunter plus full T2.

I like 'moging it and seeing the few old school players do a double take.

I did have one person say "hey, such and such bow goes better with T2" to which I replied "I had this stuff back in Vanilla and I can tell you that Rhok is far more appropriate with T2".

Then they say "what's Rhok?".

SMH

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
really starting to look like flying in draenor is just a pipedream

dirjwlfjugw3bsidu4pl.jpg

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
New poll, what comes first: flying in draenor or release of the warcraft trailer.

On unrelated news, only keeping up with garrison on one char and it seems they adjust gold missions down quite a bit.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
I noticed a sharp decline in the new gear upgrade mat - Fel something - from mining and herbing.

/disappoint

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I noticed a sharp decline in the new gear upgrade mat - Fel something - from mining and herbing.

/disappoint

Yeah, they nerfed it in a patch. Still haven't reactivated my sub but probably will this weekend. Have two 30 day tokens in my bags right now so might as well use them and collect my gold. When I quit almost a month ago I was thinking about flying when I restarted and now it seems like it'll be next month or next Thanksgiving...

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Yeah, they nerfed it in a patch. Still haven't reactivated my sub but probably will this weekend. Have two 30 day tokens in my bags right now so might as well use them and collect my gold. When I quit almost a month ago I was thinking about flying when I restarted and now it seems like it'll be next month or next Thanksgiving...

If you have a few minutes each day to maintain the account, now is pretty much the worst time to leave it. You can still earn plenty of gold through missions, more than enough to pay for the account and accrue gold. Even more if you have more time to farm some gold through old raids.

That is, assuming you plan on coming back and the gold is useful...

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
One of use said around release date for the movie, that's still looking good even if it's going to drive the Raiders crazy..

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
One of use said around release date for the movie, that's still looking good even if it's going to drive the Raiders crazy..

June 10 for the movie. Yep, that's just about perfect if you miss the thanksgiving/christmas/spring break release dates.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Already milking the treasure hunter garrison missions. But what's this about soloing old raids? Most of the vendor gold drops seem nerfed. Where do I go and how do I maximize the profit each week? Run a 100 ret pally.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
On the plus side, looks like they're adding boa rep tokens to drop in timewalk dungeons. Bad news. The "catch up" for the legendary ring involves a crap ton of those crystals no one likes to collect as is.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Guess if nothing else I'll just level my other alts and get them situated with treasure hunters. Even after the nerf running gold missions on two or three characters is sure to pay out more than my one. Such a long set up time getting all the followers situated though. :( I'm just afraid they'll nerf it after Legion.

run the raids from Cata 4-6k just vendoring everything

you need to run them on 25 man Heroic

How hard are those to solo at 100? Would I have to respec from Ret to Prot? Can use most of the same gear.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
How hard are those to solo at 100? Would I have to respec from Ret to Prot? Can use most of the same gear.

They're not hard at all. As long as you understand the fights to know of any aspects that could easily lead to an insta-death, you'll be fine. There are also some cases where knowing mechanics in general are helpful.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
And no more raids released till then?

Ugh.

There was talk about something between now and then, like a Ruby Sanctum type thing, but no one really liked that.

I expect they would have to release -some- content between now and then, but who knows? :\

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
Yup, skip spine of deathwing, even if you're a class that can handle it easily it takes a while.

I wish there was a way to skip Spine and go straight to the last fight, my rogue needs her daggers finished and I need to kill the end boss for that.

There was talk about something between now and then, like a Ruby Sanctum type thing, but no one really liked that.

I expect they would have to release -some- content between now and then, but who knows? :\

More time to sell Mythic runs to casuals, I guess.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
They've already said no more raids/content patches other than the minor one coming to enable flying. After that won't see anything until the 7.0 broken shores pre-legion patch.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
They've already said no more raids/content patches other than the minor one coming to enable flying. After that won't see anything until the 7.0 broken shores pre-legion patch.

They waffle a lot, and people will be up in arms for content after Christmas.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
You will smash them as ret. Plate-heals-bubble=win.
I also imagine that they're a joke to any class (as long as you know mechanics) that has that 500 leech token off Kazzak. 7% leech is a lot when your damage is getting scaled up for doing older content.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Guess if nothing else I'll just level my other alts and get them situated with treasure hunters. Even after the nerf running gold missions on two or three characters is sure to pay out more than my one. Such a long set up time getting all the followers situated though. :( I'm just afraid they'll nerf it after Legion.

You can still make a crapton of gold even post-nerf. Since server reset across my eight 100s, I've made about 20K just from missions and selling the gear I get from from crates.

For my alts, I made sure I had the inn so I could choose followers that had treasure hunter, and I didn't worry about leveling their followers until I had Harrison on that character. With Harrison, you can level your treasure hunters to 100 in a day. Buy a set of +45 armor and weapon and you're good to go.

For a geared 100, Cata raids are a cakewalk for any DPS spec.