AT World of Warcraft Thread (Mists, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 58 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Well even though I cancelled my sub before Mists hit, I discovered Sunday that the free 10-day Mist trial was available. Since then I've been leveling a Monk, currently 37. DPS is fun but I don't have a clue what I'm doing while tanking. I seem to be holding agro ok but I feel like I'm face rolling and hitting the right keys by shear luck. Right now I'm Keg Smashing on CD>BO Kick for shuffle>Jab as needed>Tiger debuff>Guard after Vengeance >Pray nobody dies. After playing all the other tank classes it just seems rather hectic.

It is the more active mitigation tanks in the game currently.

- Basically keep shuffle up, (through BoK or Rushing Jade Wind (lv 90 talent))
- Use keg smash on cooldown, otherwise jab if you have the energy to.
- Tiger palm if you have nothing else to hit
- Spin crane kick aoe tank if shuffle is high enough or right after a rushing jade wind
- Guard before a big hit comes in (do not use on c/d)
- Use Purifying brew (1 chi) whenever your stagger damage gets high. (usually yellow +) ** Higher level ability?

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Started to download what I am guessing is 5.2 this morning. I wont play until tomorrow at the earliest though. I like to give it 24 hours before trying since there seems to always be issues. Also will wait for most add-ons to get updated.
Patches in the last year or more have been really smooth. Even the Pandaria launch was very good, most problems were due to massive amounts of people in a zone/on a server.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Even the Pandaria launch was very good,

My server had serious issues launch day but once you got on it was fine. I guess I dont like to fight with evrybody over the area/quest. That and I hate playing without my adds working.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
was just doing the faire and noticed that you get boxes now instead of just tickets, and the non-85 hierlooms can be upgraded to 85.

and just noticed the price, blizz is about retarded yet again.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'm not seeing the option to buy the farm, nor have I found how to get work order.

Also noticed that they changed the pet battle so you can no longer freely flee when you see that you got crap in the one you started and it no longer despanws that pack, gonna suck a bit now to collect all the rares.

ok found it, starts from some unrelated npc up in the main building area.

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
rolling restarts in the morning, wonder what the first hotfix is.

If i had to guess?

-Reinforce the new island with more and good phasing so the lag out there isn't horrendous.
-Nerf the bosses in ToT for 10 man at least (3rd boss in 10 man is quite over-tuned)

Ridiculous fight really. and they said "16/16N will clear first 3 before having to put forth effort" .... when 8/16H group (mine) whipe 12 times on it and realize even if we play 100% on this guy with a 40% whipe being opimistic...

(To reinforce those stats - before last night 100 25 mans cleared 3rd boss. 30 10 mans. When there are close to 10 - 1 10 mans per 25 man.

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Holy crap @ trash after first boss, that's extremely annoying.

Yes, this was insane. However we quickly cracked how to do it w/o problem and moved on.

Then went into 2nd boss and got him in 4 pulls issing enrage by like 30s. Then 3rd boss.... yea let us not talk about 3rd boss.

Also first boss dropped us a leather agi thunderforged item.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
How do you pull the 2 spirits on the bridge 1 at a time? We eventually got it but weren't exactly sure how. It seems if you go too far on the bridge there's a trigger that makes you face pull them both.

The rest of it's just annoying but double pulling is pretty bad... We popped hero on one set and zerged one down, which worked but obviously isn't the right way.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
dear god, did they nerf the goatsteak drop rate even more.

every single quest that involves looting quest items off mobs was stealth broken in this patch, there is a thread about it on the wow forums... I think Blizzard is aware of it.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
How do you pull the 2 spirits on the bridge 1 at a time? We eventually got it but weren't exactly sure how. It seems if you go too far on the bridge there's a trigger that makes you face pull them both.

The rest of it's just annoying but double pulling is pretty bad... We popped hero on one set and zerged one down, which worked but obviously isn't the right way.

They have very far aggro range.

Have 9 stand on stairs leading onto bridge, 1 walks on side of bridge closest to one that is floating in air. When he body pulls it, runs back to stairs. Kill it. Let healing debuff fall. Repeat with second one.

Then partway down between 2 panels of the bridge there is a small area you can stand and not be moved by bridge. Go here, repeat pulling 1 guy at a time, while dodging blue beams.

Then do 2nd bridge much like first, except use the flanges on the sides of the bridge that does not have air on them.

2nd Boss horridon, has stumped many 10 man raid groups that are not at least 4/12 Heroic from T14. It is a really hard fight. We only beat enrage from a measly 30 or so seconds.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
every single quest that involves looting quest items off mobs was stealth broken in this patch, there is a thread about it on the wow forums... I think Blizzard is aware of it.

Hopefully. Cleared everyone on the plateau and only ended up with 2.
But now that you mention it, later did the quest in nagrand where you collect skulls to summon the boss on the mountain top, and it took a noticeably long time to collect those too.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I love seeing loot that makes d3 look like an example of a modern marvel. Like getting a bow with only INT on it, or 4 quest rewards for a ring, none of which have STR, but 2 of which are near identical caster stats...except one has only 3 of the 4 items that the other does.

At least it looks like about the time mop came out they went and finally downgraded most of the outdoor outland elites to regular, much easier to complete zones on alts now.

and I'm not sure how DKs play at max level, but they kinda suck now at mid, left so often waiting for runes to regen...and without them I can't trigger abilities to gain runepower which leaves you with just autoattack.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Finished off Council of Elders finally. Took 30+ attempts. Had to use a special zerg method to kill them, that I assume blizzard did not intend.

Coin roll gave me the spirit fist weapon. It may have mastery.... but this is a Fist healing weapon. So I dont care!

Looked at Tortorrus last night last few minutes, does not look so bad. Just a lot of dodgeball type mechanics.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: March 5

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

Classes
• Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
•Frost
•Icy Talons now increases attack speed by 30% (was 25%).

•Might of the Frozen Wastes now increases melee attack damage by 20% (was 15%).

•Threat of Thassarian now increases the damage of Frost Strike by 50% (was 40%).

• Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
•General
•Stance of the Fierce Tiger now increases the damage done by 10% (was 20%).

•Mistweaver
•Mistweaver Monks no longer favor non-caster weapons with higher DPS on damage calculations for abilities that are based on weapon damage.

•Muscle Memory is now automatically learned at level 20 (was level 65).

• Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
•Retribution
•Templar's Verdict should now work properly with Seal of Justice.

•Holy PvP 4-piece set bonus no longer causes Eternal Flame to generate a charge of Holy Power.

• Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
•General
•Shadow Word: Pain now deals 25% more damage.

•Discipline
•Atonement healing granted from critical strikes now heal for the correct amount.

•Shadow
•Shadowy Apparitions will no longer pursue targets that are actively stealthed.

• Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
•Assassination
•Assassin's Resolve now increases the Rogue's damage by 25% (was 20%).

• Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
•Destruction
•Fire and Brimstone version of Incinerate now deals the correct amount of damage.

•Shadowburn now properly generates 2 Burning Embers after killing a target that yields experience or honor.

Quests
•Fixed an issue where quest items could drop less frequently than intended.

•Players should now be able to speak with Waterspeaker Goria to complete the quest, "The Ritual".

Creatures
•Shapeshifted players should now be able to use Lightning Rods when fighting Electromancer Ju'le.

•Risen Ancestors spawn rate has been increased.

Pet Battles
•Sleep effects should now break properly when a pet is attacked.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
•Living Sand now has 15% less health.

Items
•Sunreaver Beacon and Kirin Tor Beacon no longer share the same cooldown.

Sunsong Ranch
•Work orders to plant a crop no longer award gold.

UI
•Players should no longer see or hear chat from other player's NPCs during the introduction to the Isle of Thunder.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
yep, since all you had to do was plant and scrap would have been a nice pot of gold each day.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
any addons that will put a semi-transparent map on the screen and point to where all the quest areas are? I was using Carbonite but it's just not reliable anymore.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I use mapster, don't know if it has a transparancy option but I have it set to open a half screen size map window.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I use mapster, don't know if it has a transparancy option but I have it set to open a half screen size map window.

Took a little bit of playing around but works good, thanks. A lot less of a footprint than Carbonite with all their extras.

Last edited: