AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Vanilla Beta?

You lucky sonofa****

Had not gotten any notification yet, just went and checked to see if it was an option. Showed up as being installable so I did. After install it changed to Play. Next day I got the you're in Beta email. Guess the beta pool rather small since you had to manually select it once they added that option recently in your account settings.

Does bring back some memories and feels quite different than current game. The slower pace is enjoyable. Graphics though are as you remember.

Joeydubbs

Jun 11, 2008
Very excited for classic. Been watching some twitch streamers running the beta, should be fun. Hopefully the community will come back

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I was super psyched for this six months ago, but I turned to a private server in desperation and got it out of my system. Now I've moved onto FF14 so I'll probably be too busy with Shadowbringer anyway.

Love your avatar, by the way.

Reactions: Dannar26

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So, my wife said to me yesterday "hey, you can log into wow classic, there are 2 pvp and 2 pve realms"
So, after work, I logged in, and sure enough, there was a wow classic option. (I hadnt logged into bnet since like Jan or Feb when I was playing D3 with friends)

So, logged in and started playing on a new warlock named CLOP on classic server #12, alliance...

in /general chat.. I noticed lots of people saying that it was only gonna be a few days, max of level 15, and we noticed that rare spawns and chests only contained crap items ...

Anyhow, had the most fun I had had with wow since vanilla raiding and wiping and wiping and wiping and wiping and never beating any of the Naxx40 bosses after being in a guild that had MC & BWL on farm and limmited success in AQ40

Playin with a friend, we got up to around level 8 .. dying several times in the process since we were both playing squishies ...

So .. this is just some kinda stress test .. and will be gone soon, kinda disappointed, was super excited when I saw it yesterday ....

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
I'll be playing Horde Shaman NA. Waiting on realm info which should be sometime next week.

Edit* - Sometime this week I mean.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Any of you actually planning to play WoW classic?

At this point, it's rather doubtful. I might consider it if some of "the old crew" wants to play again, but outside of that, I don't think so. Although, the only thing is that "the old crew" is literally just that these days as we were mostly in our 20s when playing originally, which now puts us in our 30s and 40s. Life just ain't the same anymore, and trying to relive the old days will likely prove futile.

Although, it's also worth considering that while current WoW has issues, Vanilla has its own issues. The game's systems may foster a better social experience, but it's hard to ignore the poor class and item balance.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm planning to play classic with a few friends from work who played on and off over the years ... Likely won't get into anything too time consuming though ... but maybe will be fun to run MC, BWL, and ZG again .. I don't even wanna think about goin into NAXX40 again though ... none of the memories there are good ... just wipefests every time