AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
DK's all around were nuts back in Wrath. 3.0 Unholy however was probably the most overpowered any class or spec has ever been in WoW history. 3.0 Ret could match its madness in pvp due to burst, but could not compare anywhere else and ret was mega nerfed soon after anyways. I remember doing ten man naxx with my Unholy and dishing out over a quarter of the dps, it was insane.

I will say I miss this design of Unholy though, god like performance not withstanding. Summon Gargoyle for instance is just pop and forget it now. Back in Wrath however it drained runic power every second and if you did your rotation well and kept generating runic power to keep feeding it while it's up the Garg would do crazy damage. Far more so than using all that RP on death coils. He little guy was starved for that runic power but golly did he bring the pain if you could keep him up!

I also miss corpse explosion bad. I remember blowing up corpses like crazy! Even corpses of other players that died standing in the bad. (I remember being chastised by the guildmaster once because some guildies found it strangely emasculating seeing their character's corpse blown up in an explosion of guts and gore) Blizzard took it away sadly and even when they brought it back as a glyph it was basically neutered, having a cooldown and losing the "POP" explosion of gore. God I'll miss that stupid, useless ability...

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I went and got my world quests unlocked on my Death Knight, and while I didn't find questing at 110 to be frustrating, the world quests seemed almost on another level. It was mostly the enemies for The Wardens, and to be clear, I was only fighting the basic ones (not blue nor dragon). I think the biggest problem that I'm having is that some of the AoE from these enemies are just too big, and Frost has absolutely no way to get out of AoE apart from a 45 second cooldown (Wraithform). What's weird is that I can't recall having an issue with these enemies on my Rogue, but I also don't know what ilevel I fought them at. (My Rogue is currently 840, I think my DK is maybe 790?)

In regard to DK reminiscing, what about the changes to all runes just being generic runes? I thought some of the builds worked fairly well with the different rune types and death rune generation. For example, as Blood, Heart Strike would turn your blood runes into death runes so you could use them with Death Strike (or Obliterate). Since the two diseases needed to be applied at the same time (via 1 unholy and 1 frost rune), you usually never found yourself with an unusable rune. Maybe they're trying to make the classes easier, but I thought the point of the heroic classes is that they were meant to be for experienced people. Although, I guess with the addition of level boosting and easier leveling, there isn't much of a time or chance to gain that experience before you hit the level 55 requirement.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
DK's all around were nuts back in Wrath. 3.0 Unholy however was probably the most overpowered any class or spec has ever been in WoW history. 3.0 Ret could match its madness in pvp due to burst, but could not compare anywhere else and ret was mega nerfed soon after anyways. I remember doing ten man naxx with my Unholy and dishing out over a quarter of the dps, it was insane.

I will say I miss this design of Unholy though, god like performance not withstanding. Summon Gargoyle for instance is just pop and forget it now. Back in Wrath however it drained runic power every second and if you did your rotation well and kept generating runic power to keep feeding it while it's up the Garg would do crazy damage. Far more so than using all that RP on death coils. He little guy was starved for that runic power but golly did he bring the pain if you could keep him up!

I also miss corpse explosion bad. I remember blowing up corpses like crazy! Even corpses of other players that died standing in the bad. (I remember being chastised by the guildmaster once because some guildies found it strangely emasculating seeing their character's corpse blown up in an explosion of guts and gore) Blizzard took it away sadly and even when they brought it back as a glyph it was basically neutered, having a cooldown and losing the "POP" explosion of gore. God I'll miss that stupid, useless ability...
I raided as a shadowpriest back then. I had a good RL friend who raided with me, who played an UH DK. He told me he had an ability called Pestilence that spread all diseases on target to all nearby targets... and that it worked with Devouring Plague. That was so cool!

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I raided as a shadowpriest back then. I had a good RL friend who raided with me, who played an UH DK. He told me he had an ability called Pestilence that spread all diseases on target to all nearby targets... and that it worked with Devouring Plague. That was so cool!

Hah... I remember Pestilence. It was one of those abilities that was fun for the Death Knight's numbers, but groups usually hated it, because the DK would ignore the fact that mobs were CC'd and use it anyway.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
They're putting in a change so that alts once they hit 110 will be eligible for world quest without needing the hit friendly with all quest.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
They're putting in a change so that alts once they hit 110 will be eligible for world quest without needing the hit friendly with all quest.
Not until 7.1 which is roughly Jan 2017. Good news regardless but I wish it was sooner, like next Tuesday sooner.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Given how unalt friendly this expansion is, taking what you can get at this point.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Given how unalt friendly this expansion is, taking what you can get at this point.

Yeah I'm really reconsidering putting any work towards my DH and any other alts. I spend enough time trying to get artifact power on my main.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Dropped blacksmithing this morning for enchanting. Tired of paying for chaos crystals and BS serves no raid purpose atm. Got JC to 791. Cost 200k+ to get there. I hate felslate and pandamonite prices. Need to get 4 more points before Sunday to max out at 800 with darkmoon. Time to go back to farming on herbs/ore on the DH this weekend. Need to stock up on flasks/pots for raid and make some money back.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Saw a post about Raiders starting to complain about flask/pot prices. Imagine this will stay the case for awhile till some of the money hogs start to get drained and prices then slowly level out.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
If the prices are too high for your likely don't just complain about it. Stop BUYING lol. That will drive down the price.

Such as it is you guys are just making the millionaire players richer that buy up all the stock then sell back for more.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
I farm a lot but there simply isn't enough time to farm what I need in the time frame that I want it done in. Besides, I've already made close to 80k of it back by 3pm today by simply understanding how the AH and my server's market operates. By the end of the week I'll be back to where I was and by next week I'll be far ahead.

If someone stops buying something prices won't change. If a large percentage stops buying something for a week the price change won't be felt until a week or more later. A market ebbs and flows, it does not change instantly.

So lets look at what I actually did. I bought all the felslate below 50g out on Tuesday/Wednesday. I have time to farm it today and the rest of the week. I artificially raised the price floor for felslate. I will now be able to sell the felslate I don't need for higher than the average price last Monday in turn making more money off simply farming than I would have. I've also disrupted the gem market as well creating opportunities there for me to make a profit as well. Thats a win for me.

Not buying stuff off the AH and simply farming it isn't making the rich lose money, it's making you lose potential money by not figuring out how to play the AH.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004

I'm trash at PvP/Arena but back in 3.0 I was a 2k rated DK. lol.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
For anyone using the curse client, assume it only tracks what you have on an individual computer, i.e. if I manually add or delete a certain add on it doesn't automatically make the same changes to other computers?

NVM, just came across a sync option that looks like part of their premium stuff.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
For anyone using the curse client, assume it only tracks what you have on an individual computer, i.e. if I manually add or delete a certain add on it doesn't automatically make the same changes to other computers?

NVM, just came across a sync option that looks like part of their premium stuff.
I wrote manual script that syncs my stuff when I use my laptop... but it's very rough, just keeps the latest copy from my desktop of the entire folders. I run a "get" when I start my laptop, and a "push" when I'm done.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I've been playing around with starter edition.

It looks like with the changes to the classes, it's probably best for me to just roll a different class than the one I had long ago.

So I had a druid as a main, and also lots of time with a mage. I think I'll go warrior now since the game is noob friendly and isn't as hardcore.

Pandaria is a treat. Are there any good novels set in Pandaria? It gets the Chinese feel right.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
This is funny.

http://darklegacycomics.com/555

What's even worse though is when you go and pick up 5 recipes and 4 of them turn out to be the same thing....

Lol, nice.

I don't get the Nomi hate though, you don't get duplicates if you pick your food up every so often, and don't keep using the same thing over and over, cycle your ingredients. I'm 99% you get recipes based on ingredients used.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I wrote manual script that syncs my stuff when I use my laptop... but it's very rough, just keeps the latest copy from my desktop of the entire folders. I run a "get" when I start my laptop, and a "push" when I'm done.

Why not just use something like Dropbox to sync them? It would also serve as a back-up!

(To be honest, I was thinking of how I was going to do it, and then I read your post, and thought, "That sounds a lot like Dropbox..." :p)

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Why not just use something like Dropbox to sync them? It would also serve as a back-up!

(To be honest, I was thinking of how I was going to do it, and then I read your post, and thought, "That sounds a lot like Dropbox..." :p)
It caused problems with one of my addons. I tried making logical folders so everything ran from my desktop (since it's on all the time), but it caused some write errors. Possibly Dropbox wouldn't have that issue so maybe I'll try it, but I don't use Dropbox right now.