At what age did you stop wearing sneakers with jeans?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Sneakers yes but never running/working out shoes with jeans. That shit just looks weird and super awkward.

Sneakers vs. loafers depending on the shirt.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I work with dozens of professional people who still wear sneakers with their jeans. I thin it is a matter of getting the color combinations right and making sure you stick to the cleanliness factor. So long as you wear clean sneakers and not the ridiculous hot-pink ones that are recently becoming all the fad, wear it and be proud.

I've noticed that it's becoming increasingly hard to find sneakers that aren't a bright color. I usually just end up buying leather sneakers for wear with jeans.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Age 25 to 26 when I started wearing dusty brown cowboy boots due to dating a cowgirl [who loved to ride all night long]:

http://www.rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm?viewpartnum=163328

Once we broke up and I transferred to California for work - I re-started wearing [white walking] sneakers with cargo pants/jeans whenever possible as my work requires A LOT of walking. Currently sporting Nike Air Monarch IV's [thanks to a friend who works at Nike]

http://www.staceyreid.com/news/?p=3260

They do squeak.... so maybe it's time to replace them..

I have a pair of Sketchers sneakers [http://www.flipkart.com/skechers-50781-sneakers/p/itmdh9cdv9vhh5gs] which I wear if I need to "dress it up" a bit

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
At work, slacks, simple chinos or the like. Off work, shorts and sandals or sanuks....I live in Guam. Why wear pants?

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
at that temperature I'd avoid jeans too but apparently people who are native of those climates don't mind the heat and will wear long jeans and shirts and shoes even if they have no obligation to.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm 30 and I still do it, even at work. I consider the lax dress code to be a benefit. There is a special place in hell for whoever invented the current business dress code.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I wear sneakers with jeans when I'm not at work. I think that black sneakers tend to look good with jeans.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Black suede or canvas vans and jeans are about all I wear to work.

That and the polo shirt are pretty much standard uniform for software devs around here.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
My everyday shoes are similar to these DC shoes:
img-thing

Work doesn't have a dress code really, you can wear shorts and sandals or whatever. Anyway I was thinking about getting a pair of more "dressy" shoes and looked through a bunch of Sketchers and there were a lot of decent looking ones. Any suggestions? Black or brown? I like black better but don't mind brown. I have black, dark blue, and medium blue jeans, dark blue and black cargo/tac pants, and coyote tan (kinda) cargo pants.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
One year later... still wearing jeans. In fact, I'm wearing the exact same pair of jeans every god damn day of the week now. I just don't f***ing care anymore -- gave up on life. It's t-shirt with graphics 3 days of the week.

I haven't bought much, if any, new clothes for months. My last two purchases were: 1 winter jacket at end of season sale and 1 spring jacket last Fall.

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
I basically live in dress pants and dress shoes all day 6 days a week so when I'm off my wardrobe usually consists of jeans or sweat pants with whatever Jordan's or other gym/mainly bball shoes I feel like wearing at the time. Black/red J 4's are usually my dailys... If I go out for a spirited drive I'll wear some kind of Puma driving shoes. I'm 24.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I basically live in dress pants and dress shoes all day 6 days a week so when I'm off my wardrobe usually consists of jeans or sweat pants with whatever Jordan's or other gym/mainly bball shoes I feel like wearing at the time. Black/red J 4's are usually my dailys... If I go out for a spirited drive I'll wear some kind of Puma driving shoes. I'm 24.

I didn't even know they had driving shoes. Interesting.

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
I didn't even know they had driving shoes. Interesting.

Oh yeah definitely. Lots of different ones. Its in their "Motorsport" collection. Have/had the speed cats, verdanos, and an older BMW Motorsport F1 shoe that don't make anymore but my favs are mostros/il mostro which aren't part of that collection but feel like they are made for driving. Heel-toeing is effortless in any of them and incredibly comfortable. They make high and low top versions of many of them.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I don't where sneakers much anymore, have instead worn canvas hiking boots for years.