At what age did you or do you plan on moving out of your parent's house?

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Basically when I graduated from college for me although I did live home for about 6 mos at one point to save up for a house.

Apr 5, 2000
I'm 21 right now, have another semester + summer left of college, once I can find a good job (before or after I finish) I'm moving out

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
I'd like to leave this month, but I need a jjob where I want to move to. ANd I'm 20. :)

Alphazero

Golden Member
May 9, 2002
Why the hell would I want to move out? Free food, free laundry service, nice big house with plenty of stuff...

You guys are nuts ;)

I'm going to be joining the army sometime this year. If all goes to plan, I'll do the three-year combat pilot training, and then 9 years of service. Maybe I'll find my own place, or move in with friends a year or two after the flight course. Maybe.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Moved out after I landed a stable job after college. I had just turned 21.

Now that I want to buy a house, I almost wish I had stayed longer. Almost. ;)

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Alphazero
Why the hell would I want to move out? Free food, free laundry service, nice big house with plenty of stuff...

You guys are nuts ;)

I'm going to be joining the army sometime this year. If all goes to plan, I'll do the three-year combat pilot training, and then 9 years of service. Maybe I'll find my own place, or move in with friends a year or two after the flight course. Maybe.

I'm not happy living with my family. I think I'll have a happier life and be more social living outside my family's house. That's mainly why. And besides, getting my own place will only cost be about 200 more a month so it's worth it for now.

Originally posted by: amdskip
I'm 20 and I'll stay here until I'm all through school and have a job.

same here, except im 19. I'm lucky to have parents that will let me do that for free.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
17 when I went off to college. Came back for the summer after the family moved to Wisconsin and absolutely hated it. Since then I've been out of the house and I'm now 22.

Vortex22

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2000
I'm planning to spend 1-2 years of college at home then the next 2-3 at the university.
Starting college next year!

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I might stay there for a few weeks over the summer....after that...I'm out. (18 yrs old btw)