AT&T forcing me to a new phone even though I dont want it. What supports their 4G/5G network and is compact?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I think Sony still makes powerful small phones but I dont know if any of them work on AT&T. And PhoneScoop is not being helpful. And I dont trust AT&T's website to sell me something that I both need and want.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think Sony still makes powerful small phones but I dont know if any of them work on AT&T. And PhoneScoop is not being helpful. And I dont trust AT&T's website to sell me something that I both need and want.

If you want a high-end compact phone... gotta get an iPhone 13 mini (I'd say 12 mini, but the battery life is mediocre). It'll outperform virtually all Android flagships, it has a very good camera setup and the battery life is apparently quite healthy. It's smaller than an iPhone SE despite a larger screen.

Sony unfortunately doesn't make compact high-end phones these days. Its higher-end modern phones are all 6.1 inches or larger. They're good phones overall, just in line with typical phone sizes.

Reactions: legcramp

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Just for fun I went over to the AT&T store. Couldnt get anything cheap or basic to hold me over for a little while.
I did notice that only apple has small phones nowadays. thought that was weird.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Just for fun I went over to the AT&T store. Couldnt get anything cheap or basic to hold me over for a little while.
Pixel 5 is pretty small, but you'd likely have to get that used

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

That's the market reality, unfortunately. There's a cycle where people cry out for good small phones, one or two companies release good small phones... and it turns out there's only limited demand for those devices, so those companies back out. Even Apple is rumored to be dropping the mini when the iPhone 14 series arrives in the fall.

If you want something basic to hold you over, look at a Pixel 5a. Not the cheapest, but it'll do the trick. Maybe the next iPhone SE if you can hold out until March.

tortillasoup

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2011
You did get your free phone right? if you have a 3G device w/o VOLTE ATT should have sent you a new phone by now. If they haven't demand a replacement asap!