AT Official President Trump Rating Thread

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate Trump Presidency so far? (10 high, 1 low)

Votes: 89 67.9%

Votes: 12 9.2%

Votes: 6 4.6%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 2 1.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Rate Trump Presidency on a scale of 1 to 10, because not everything is entirely dichotomous.

Votes can be changed, so update regularly.

22 March 2017 3:30 PM Update:

Mean: 2.58
Median: 1
St. Dev.: 2.92
n: 116

e8N7cNl.png

9 March 2017 9:00 AM Update:

Mean: 2.61
St. Dev.: 2.94
n: 105

XahQH1A.png

24 Feb 2017 11:00 AM Update:

Mean: 2.24
St. Dev.: 2.63
n: 63

1YPbwsf.png

9 Feb 2017 9:00 AM Update:

Mean: 2.23
St. Dev.: 2.71
n: 57

GbQFda8.png

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I get not voting him a 1 or a 2 if you support him. But who in their right mind could honestly give him a 10? You've not disagreed with ANYTHING he's done or said thus far?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I get really annoyed with the way people tend to polarize with these ratings. For example, on IMDB where you rate movies, with any given movie, almost half the people either give it a 1 or 10. So I make a point of giving realistic ratings which are usually somewhere in between.

Trump is a "1." Can I go lower?

Reactions: r4sh1d

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So far he's far exceeded my expectations, spectacular. The hysterical tantrums by the left are a great indicator.

Not a fan of some of his appointments, not a fan of his stupid tweeting and thin skin, not a fan of the execution on the immigration changes, but overall fantastic.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So far he's far exceeded my expectations, spectacular. The hysterical tantrums by the left are a great indicator.

Not a fan of some of his appointments, not a fan of his stupid tweeting and thin skin, not a fan of the execution on the immigration changes, but overall fantastic.

Haha this says it all right here. Pokerguy thinks that making the left mad is an effective indicator as to if Trump's doing a good job. That's pure bubble-speak right there.

By all means though please list the 'spectacular' things he has done so far!

Reactions: xthetenth

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001

I just bought a car. It looks like total shit, the motor is broken, the bottom just broke out but it's fucking awesome. Best car ever. <-- that's how this reads to me.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I voted him at three. We haven't had any significant terrorist attacks as a direct outcome of his actions yet, so there's room to go down. We also have not had WWIII break out, so there's still a bar we can go below yet.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I gave him a few points for trying to stick to campaign promises, and being entertaining. The left meltdown has been fun to watch. But I've been melting down about Devos so there's that...

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

So he's doing a "spectacular" job, but he's made numerous bad administration picks, he lacks the maturity and cool-headed behavior expected of a President, and his biggest policy move so far is likely to be deemed unconstitutional. He triggered the largest protest in US history and set a record for the shortest amount of time before a President becomes unpopular in the polls; his spokespeople regularly tell easily disproven lies and get angry that the press doesn't accept those lies at face value.

What, exactly, would it take for you to say Trump was doing a bad job? At the rate you're going, you'd treat an economic collapse or corruption scandal as a minor setback.

Reactions: dank69
Feb 16, 2005

as long as he's sticking it to those stupid lefties, fvck it, let the country burn.
way to play the long game PG.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Haha this says it all right here. Pokerguy thinks that making the left mad is an effective indicator as to if Trump's doing a good job. That's pure bubble-speak right there.

Is reading and comprehending proving difficult yet again? The hysterical tantrums from the left aren't what make his policies and actions good. Since the hysterical left gets in a tizzy whenever someone does something they don't like, having them in a constant state of hysteria and tantrum throwing is a good indicator that Trump is taking good steps. His actions are good, the hysterical tantrums are just an easy (and amusing!) barometer.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010

PokerGuy, you've been trained to think liberals are your enemies and that anything that makes them unhappy as a group must be good. I'm not sure what kind of caricature you imagine in your mind when you think "liberal" but I'm imagining it's pretty far off from reality.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So he's doing a "spectacular" job, but he's made numerous bad administration picks, he lacks the maturity and cool-headed behavior expected of a President, and his biggest policy move so far is likely to be deemed unconstitutional. He triggered the largest protest in US history and set a record for the shortest amount of time before a President becomes unpopular in the polls; his spokespeople regularly tell easily disproven lies and get angry that the press doesn't accept those lies at face value.

What, exactly, would it take for you to say Trump was doing a bad job? At the rate you're going, you'd treat an economic collapse or corruption scandal as a minor setback.
You gotta remember PokerGuy is what most people would call a jackass. Don't expect him to make sense.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
2 because he hasn't started a war or affected me in any way, but nothing more because for now he's been careless and misguided when e.g. implementing the recent immigration restrictions, which kinda affects the rest of the world although not by much (compared to the previous order in 2015 which is much worse from my western perspective since it affects people who even just visited those countries).
Let's hope it gets better with experience, I don't think they think protests do them any good.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So he's doing a "spectacular" job, but he's made numerous bad administration picks, he lacks the maturity and cool-headed behavior expected of a President, and his biggest policy move so far is likely to be deemed unconstitutional.

No, that's not what I said at all. I didn't say "numerous bad administration picks", I said I'm not a fan of some of the appointments. Vastly different things. I don't have to be a fan of all his appointments, I think most of them are great. His thin-skin problem with feeling the need to respond to lefty idiots (like SNL) is a distraction, I'd prefer he just ignore the idiots. Whether his immigration policies are upheld on appeal or not doesn't matter. If he has to make some changes and do it again that's fine as well. The truth is that he's finally moving in the right direction, something no president in recent memory has done.

He triggered the largest protest in US history and set a record for the shortest amount of time before a President becomes unpopular in the polls

Just because we have a new generation of entitled idiots who throw a tantrum when they don't get their way doesn't mean he's not doing a great job. He needs to keep going full steam ahead, popularity at the polls is only a concern for the next election.

What, exactly, would it take for you to say Trump was doing a bad job?

Well, he'd have to , you know, actually do a bad job, something he hasn't done yet. He's done a great job so far.

Great scotus nominee, start work on immigration reform, great start draining the swamp, start building the wall, great job undoing a lot of the executive orders under the obummer regime, setting the wheels in motion for dismantling obummercare etc etc. Excellent.