AT Members You Have Always Wanted To Meet

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've met a decent number of you people over the years, surprisingly, some I even keep bi or tri-annual contact with....well, sometimes. Though when in Chicago, it was far more frequent.

Off the top of my head for those I haven't met:

RossMAN: of course
spaceman: obviously
shortylickens: I think he gives himself more shit than he deserves. I bet he's an alright dude.
the Georgia twins: I bet these guys are super nerds and also super interesting. Probably fun to chat with
brianmanahan: I'm curious if he can spin off a pome at will, or if it takes time to craft each one
Texashiker: a bit of a fool but I bet he's a decent down-to-earth dude. I'd like to hang out on his ranch, shoot guns at trees, drink beers, smoke some meat and tell off-color jokes.
John Connor: mostly like the above. I'm certain that we disagree about nearly everything; but he also seems like a decent, well-meaning guy in the end. Not a racist, so that's cool. I'd like to see the progress on his bunker.
NS1: because my life is lacking bull dick and I need some tutoring. Also for other reasons.
Pizza: for goats and general farm learnin'
Theb: my favorite poster. His appearances are rare, but every post seems expertly planned and crafted.
Sp33Demon: I'd pay a decent wage to watch Ronda Rousy kick his ass. ...and I think we could put together an ATOT pool large enough to make this happen :D
Alkemyst: Wondering how true it all is...
Dirigible: he has an unhealthy ketchup addiction, and I think he needs a program.
highland: same as above, but replace ketchup with mustard (Rather--the improper application of said condiment)
werepossom: as the noted conservatives above, one of the few that I generally disagree with, but could actually have a meaningful and pleasant conversation with over beers.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I'm a very long time member here, but I never really became buddy-buddy with anyone in particular. I just nef, or just read things on the sideline.

That being said, some members do stick out.

I'd love to meet RossMAN. His post in Hot Deals over a decade ago got me into this forum. It was 1999 Honda Accord SE for $18K or something.

Ns1 for his triplet of Corgis. He seems like he knows his LA area well. Go out for drinks and Asian food.

Brianenenadhanan however you spell his name, seems like a overall a cool guy. I picture a typical overweight late 30's IT guy (he said he is obese).

Rubycon, I never talked to her, but her technical knowledge fascinates me. I wonder what kind of a woman she is. Probably a techie in her 40s/50s? Is she white or Asian? She has that anime avatar.

And that guy who arranges ATOT powerball group buy. We PM'd each other couple times- a very sharp guy.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Long ago, I used to talk to RossMAN. Seemed like an upstanding guy when he was away from a crowd.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
If there were a Chicago area ATOT meetup, I'd probably show. Nobody in particular though.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
I guess for selfish reasons I would say Kaido. He know a lot more about things I am interested in than I do.

Otherwise there are lots of people on here I would be happy to meet. Can't think of too many I would't want to if given the chance honestly.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
Jeff7 - Funny and smart guy. Seems to think a lot like I do and about many of the same subjects.

Zinfamous - Mostly for the same reasons as above, but I feel I could talk to him about more varied subjects.

BoomerD - I like the guy. I'm always fascinated by older folks who are into tech stuff, especially the ones who are as sharp and witty as Boomer.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
What the hell, do you guys all fraternize each other via PM or something?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I have, he's a good guy :thumbsup:

He introduced me to 3 Floyds beer when I was new to the area.

I guess you could say I know platypus as well as one can know a random forum stranger. We used to live across the street from one another.

....maybe that was too close? :hmm:

Anyway, cool dude and everyone should meet him. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. :D

Oh, I forgot jeebus. I want to meet jeebus...assuming his sister-in-law is now single? :sneaky: