AT Gaming Group, who is in?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007

Server is up (I think). If there's any additions/changes people would like to see, please let me know. I do work nights and my days off are during the week days so I likely won't be on much but I can always do things from my phone if I have signal at work.

Also, I don't know if I can set any rules but I think it should just go without saying to be courteous and respectful of others. The only thing that comes to mind would be NSFW memes/images/videos are to be kept out of the server at this time. If there's enough people that join the server, I might make a separate channel just for gaming memes or something like that. I can also add channels for specific games if we get enough people interested in grouping up, that way we aren't cluttering the general chat or voice chat with people in different games..
Thanks for setting it up. I've joined.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

Server is up (I think). If there's any additions/changes people would like to see, please let me know. I do work nights and my days off are during the week days so I likely won't be on much but I can always do things from my phone if I have signal at work.

Also, I don't know if I can set any rules but I think it should just go without saying to be courteous and respectful of others. The only thing that comes to mind would be NSFW memes/images/videos are to be kept out of the server at this time. If there's enough people that join the server, I might make a separate channel just for gaming memes or something like that. I can also add channels for specific games if we get enough people interested in grouping up, that way we aren't cluttering the general chat or voice chat with people in different games..
awesome, i've joined!

Reactions: Stg-Flame

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Just tagging the people in this thread who mentioned they might be interested just in case they have notifications turned off for replies:

@Fanatical Meat
@DAPUNISHER
@CP5670
@cytg111
@aigomorla
@DigDog
@zinfamous

Discord server is up. Anyone is free to join even if they don't think they will play anything online.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I like this idea. Perhaps we should have this for more than just PC gaming, but rather a sort of general AT forum discord? Could be really cool I think. I will bring it up with the AT staff team.

Reactions: Stg-Flame

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Just tagging the people in this thread who mentioned they might be interested just in case they have notifications turned off for replies:

@Fanatical Meat
@DAPUNISHER
@CP5670
@cytg111
@aigomorla
@DigDog
@zinfamous

Discord server is up. Anyone is free to join even if they don't think they will play anything online.
I have been pretty much the gaming equivalent of Musashi living as a hermit for years now. But I will install discord on my main gaming PC, and join the discord server. We can hammer out some games to play together. Co-op is more my bag. Zero interest in competitive shooters or that sort of thing.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I shall never join a club that would have me as a member!

I mean, I'll probably check it out.

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I shall never join a club that would have me as a member!

I mean, I'll probably check it out.
I just joined. Does that make me a social butterfly now? I mean I have 2 steam friends. One of them is my son. :p

@JTsyo says we are too old for discord, we would be more comfortable on ICQ LULZ! It's true, we are that old. But I have used discord to play with my son over the years, so I am not completely unfamiliar with it.

Reactions: zinfamous

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
In my many years of interwebz we've never managed to get together a D&D group or whatnot. The most we could do was a Werewolves Vs Villagers because all it takes is 1 post from each player, but because DAS INTERNET is people living in different timezones, old enough to afford their own PC ergo in employment, you can't ever manage to get everyone in front of the PC at the same time.

..anyone who's ever tried to arrange a guild raid party in a MMORPG knows what i'm talking about ..

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
In my many years of interwebz we've never managed to get together a D&D group or whatnot. The most we could do was a Werewolves Vs Villagers because all it takes is 1 post from each player, but because DAS INTERNET is people living in different timezones, old enough to afford their own PC ergo in employment, you can't ever manage to get everyone in front of the PC at the same time.

..anyone who's ever tried to arrange a guild raid party in a MMORPG knows what i'm talking about ..
Good thing is these days there are drop in games. Everyone doesn't need to start at the same time or have the same people session to session.

Another game to try is Magicka 1&2. Especially fun if you're a fan of D&D.

Last edited:

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Free game on Steam, co-op defeat waves type it seems:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Free game on Steam, co-op defeat waves type it seems:
Vermintide is basically Warhammer 40K Left 4 Dead. Pretty fun but it's difficult to find people who don't just speedrun the maps.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Vermintide is basically Warhammer 40K Left 4 Dead. Pretty fun but it's difficult to find people who don't just speedrun the maps.
Well if it's just us, we can go at our pace. How many do you need to run a map?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Well if it's just us, we can go at our pace. How many do you need to run a map?
One to four players just like L4D. Similar wave structure in some places with special units that are almost clones of the special infected in L4D. There's more to do in each stage with hidden objects that give bonus experience at the end of the stage. There's more to the game but it just wasn't fun playing solo or with a bunch of randoms. I'd like to give it another try even if others aren't interested.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Also Deep Rock Galactic is on sale until the 17th and it's free this weekend. $10 for the standard, $20 for the Deluxe, and $50 for (I'm guessing) everything. I don't have enough signal to load Steam on mobile at the moment so I'm going off memory at the moment.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I say we start off with Vermintide. It's free and we just need 4 to play and fewer seems fine.