AT Gaming Group, who is in?

Feb 4, 2009
Was chatting with @DAPUNISHER lets liven this place up. Who is up for playing some games together?
Ground rules:
Ideally something co-operative however this isn’t a requirement
Respect is required you will be kicked if you can’t treat forum members with respect.
Goal is to have fun
All skills and internet connections and PCs will be of varying levels-again goal is to have fun so don’t stress about your potato PC all are welcome
You will need speakers & a mic I propose discord for voice chat
I am thinking weekly or couple times a month. I am typically free Friday and Sunday evenings. Saturday, Monday and Wednesday are off the table.
We can discuss times more when we get an idea how many are interested

Feel free to add suggestions as to what we can play below are some general thoughts from me
Some kind of survival game, maybe Dayz
Shooter is fine with me provided it’s either light hearted like team fortress or squad based so we may all play the same squad or team
Game like Civ could be good only concerns with 4x games is someone might be eliminated fast and that would suck
I think avoiding mmo’s is a good idea simply because modern mmo’s are difficult when group is all different levels. Sort of sucks when someone is way behind the storyline and honestly mmo’s suck in general been that way for a long time

feel free to post suggestions and let us know if you’re interested.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Some fun games with online co-op:

Deep Rock Galactic
Helldivers
Valheim
Payday 2
Then there are the shooters like COD, PubG, Squad and Battlefield.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I'd be in but I work nights in the South West US so I doubt many people would be available in my timezone. However, I do think that if enough people are interested, trying to schedule play sessions wouldn't be necessary as I'm guessing we have people from all over the world who frequent this board. It could be a more casual experience of jumping into the discord and just seeing who is available and let groups decide schedules later down the line. For instance, if there's a group who are really into playing Helldivers (really fun game), that's a 4-person co-op so those 4 could set a date and time.

I don't play co-op games that much anymore but I do have a ton of co-op games available to me on Steam. I have always wanted to play Deep Rock Galatic but none of my friends that I regularly play with enjoy those types of games. They're all into mil-sim shooters and we pretty much just stick to Tarkov (which I would recommend, but if nobody here has experience with Tarkov, I would highly advise against it due to the absolutely ridiculous difficulty curve).

Feb 4, 2009
Deep Rock is on my wish list too.
Let’s keep that in mind and see if anyone else wants to join up, then we can talk about day/time/frequency.

Reactions: Stg-Flame

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
My major issue is that I use games to get away from people, not connect with them. Aside from one or two "lan" parties with a couple of friends in person a year, or some couch co-op gaming with the kids to bond, all of my gaming is a strictly solo affair.

As for the list of potential games, can always throw Left 4 Dead 1/2 in there. Basically everyone has those games now.

Reactions: Igo69 and nakedfrog

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
in for helldivers. that's a lot of fun. i also still need to beat Borderlands 3

Feb 4, 2009
My major issue is that I use games to get away from people, not connect with them. Aside from one or two "lan" parties with a couple of friends in person a year, or some couch co-op gaming with the kids to bond, all of my gaming is a strictly solo affair.

As for the list of potential games, can always throw Left 4 Dead 1/2 in there. Basically everyone has those games now.
Feel free to join us if you change your mind. Left 4 Dead is a great suggestion

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I might be up for it depending on the game. Is there an AT discord actually? Most other forums have one these days.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015

This, I am also a lone wolf and like to play single player games mostly. The only game i play online is Counter Strike: GO and if i dont have any single player games to play.

Feb 4, 2009
This, I am also a lone wolf and like to play single player games mostly. The only game i play online is Counter Strike: GO and if i dont have any single player games to play.
Fair enough as earlier feel free to join up if you change your mind.
Everyone else let’s try to target a game by Sunday.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Fair enough as earlier feel free to join up if you change your mind.
Everyone else let’s try to target a game by Sunday.
Do we have a discord to join? I think step 1 should be to get a discord going and then discuss the details there. Hell, we can even have polls once we get everyone situated in the same place.

Feb 4, 2009
Do we have a discord to join? I think step 1 should be to get a discord going and then discuss the details there. Hell, we can even have polls once we get everyone situated in the same place.
Excellent idea, set one up

I’d do it but sadly the one we have running was setup by a friend who recently passed. Not sure if I am an admin or not. Would suck to get everyone on it then get locked out by a security question I don’t know the answer to.

Reactions: Stg-Flame

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Excellent idea, set one up

I’d do it but sadly the one we have running was setup by a friend who recently passed. Not sure if I am an admin or not. Would suck to get everyone on it then get locked out by a security question I don’t know the answer to.
I can set one up (I think) but I've never set one up before since I really only use discord for Escape From Tarkov to talk with friends. I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Some fun games with online co-op:

Deep Rock Galactic
Helldivers
Valheim
Payday 2
Then there are the shooters like COD, PubG, Squad and Battlefield.
I would definitely like to play Valheim, my son says it's excellent. LMK and I will setup a system with a mic to participate.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I would definitely like to play Valheim, my son says it's excellent. LMK and I will setup a system with a mic to participate.
Valheim is a fun game. It's best if you go into it blind and figure things out. Exploring is the most fun part, while mining is the least.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
We had one but it sort of fell apart.
A bunch of us played guild wars 2 at launch.
We even had our own guild, but it was quickly evaporated afterwards.

That is where I actually got pretty close to @zinfamous, as we basically committed masochisms on the first dungeon in GW2 @ lvl30 because no one knew how to do the mechanics, and then we even spent a good 3 hours stuck in ARAH temple.

Memories.... i was the first one in our guild to get twilight, followed by eternity, the second person on the server.
Still remember zin running around in a half naked mesmer, while i was running around as a warrior mowing down everything in my way in full zerks gear, as zerk warriors were so obnoxiously unbalanced when GW2 launched.

But if you guys do start a group up, let me know, i recommend following though with a discord channel as well.
I would be down to play games with you guys, as i feel my friends lists have grown a lot shorter with people growing older and things like Kids taking up free extra time.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Maybe, but like this guy:

I generally play solo games because I can go at my own pace. There was a time that I enjoyed doing some group stuff, but it's such a colossal time commitment to do raids and even games which I love, like Borderlands, co-op makes it so I can't constantly afk as I do.

Plus, it's people like aigomorlo that convinced me that I don't really like MMOs... :)D IT'S A JOKE!)

BUT--my latest absolutely stupid idea is that I want to put together a "very good" sim racing rig over the next ~months or so, and might just find myself spending a lot of time pretending to be a racer guy in iRacing or Dirt or F1 or ACC or whatever.
So, if any of you are into that, that would be cool. :D

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Maybe, but like this guy:

I generally play solo games because I can go at my own pace. There was a time that I enjoyed doing some group stuff, but it's such a colossal time commitment to do raids and even games which I love, like Borderlands, co-op makes it so I can't constantly afk as I do.

Plus, it's people like aigomorlo that convinced me that I don't really like MMOs... :)D IT'S A JOKE!)

BUT--my latest absolutely stupid idea is that I want to put together a "very good" sim racing rig over the next ~months or so, and might just find myself spending a lot of time pretending to be a racer guy in iRacing or Dirt or F1 or ACC or whatever.
So, if any of you are into that, that would be cool. :D
A lot of the games recommended above aren't massive time sinks - more of a jump-in and waste a couple of hours. There's also some people who might be interested in doing longer games but that's what this is all about. If it's not your cup of tea then that's fine but you never know if you might find someone who wants to do some iracing with you in the end.

On another note, I'm fairly sure I can start a discord group on my next days off or possibly even sooner. Once I get everything worked out, I'll post the invite code here and then figure out the rest.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007

Server is up (I think). If there's any additions/changes people would like to see, please let me know. I do work nights and my days off are during the week days so I likely won't be on much but I can always do things from my phone if I have signal at work.

Also, I don't know if I can set any rules but I think it should just go without saying to be courteous and respectful of others. The only thing that comes to mind would be NSFW memes/images/videos are to be kept out of the server at this time. If there's enough people that join the server, I might make a separate channel just for gaming memes or something like that. I can also add channels for specific games if we get enough people interested in grouping up, that way we aren't cluttering the general chat or voice chat with people in different games..