Asus! Yoo hooo!

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
Well I'm just logging on here to tell everyone of the awesome Asus USA customer services they offer....................... Here's one they shipped me back after buy it for $500. OH this is the repaired one:rolleyes:
asusmotherboard001_zps278fe75e.jpg

Four months now NO WORKING MOTHER BOARD I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT NEVER AGAIN BUY YOUR PRODUCT'S. Customer service is something I paid for so I'll keep posting this in EVERY FORUM:thumbsup:

ASUS AMERICA FAIL!

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
There are a couple other people in the forums that are still having issues with their Asus motherboards, and one had already been sent back to Asus for a "fix", the other had been replaced with a new one. Crazy stuff! Only had one of their boards (my friend actually used it for a while on his machine first) and it has been decent (not great), but based on what I have read over the years (stories like this) I have no intention of buying one new.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
The thing is, it was an awesome board before it got smashed in the mail, it kept losing the raid so I sent it back. That ding on the board is so small, I used a magnifying glass over the camera to pick it up. I had the board back and didn't notice it for three weeks but then all sorts of issue's where happening. I finally looked at it closely then chit my pants........
Called Fedex they still haven't sent me the claims paper work yet, now Asus swears as soon as a board is available I'll get it. So I'll keep placing these postings, and the numbers go up on how many people see(over 100 already)the way they treat a $500 motherboard. It was shipped in a regular MB box, only issue's is this is an over sized BM so of course the corner took the brunt of the impact.
Just wish i had my money back, I got a $600 CPU that is worthless siting here plus all the other stuff SSD'S, GPU,ETC. Enjoy!

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
I've never had good luck with ASUS tech support I had used them for years and solely due to support I quit using them.

My story is I had an Opteron 185 and my rig quit posting so I borrowed a board from a friend that had the exact same setup as me and it ended up fixing the issue so I knew it was the board, keep in mind this is about a 5 week old purchase and the board was just over $200.

I called ASUS and got bounced around all over the place to try to determine how to do the RMA. Finally I sent it in and after about 3 weeks I received a "repaired" board which looked like had been in the machine of a HEAVY smoker and had all sorts of gunky crap all over it and 1 memory slot didnt work as well. I ended up going back and forth with them over it and escalating the issue all the while they didnt see the problem with sending back a smokers used board that didnt work properly to replace my just over month old board.

They wanted me to pay shipping again to send the smokey board back and then again for them to send me another one... Told them to suck it, called newegg and explained. Initially they didnt want to refund since it was out of the return window but I told them they could either refund it and take it up with ASUS or I would chargeback and they could take THAT up with ASUS. Either way, I like ASUS products, I've had pretty good luck with them technically but I will not buy from a company that has such shitty RMA services.

spat55

Jul 2, 2013
All I ever here is "Asus are the best PC component part maker in the world", glad to see this bad for the OP and hope it gets fixed but it just shows they might not be so great after all...

crazymonkeyzero

Feb 25, 2012
Agree that asus service has been flaky lately. I went through 3 bad boards( P8CWS )since April trying to deal with their RMA service. Darn thing would always shut off during prime95. When I changed to an Asrock 1155 board with everything the same, the problems went away. Turned out the 4th asus board finally worked fortunately. I hope you are not having to pay asus for shipping the board btw. If you talk to their representative they will give a pre paid fedex voucher for shipping both ways after rma1.

Last edited:

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
They are not all the best.but so far i never experience problem with asus.but once with gigabyte.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Shoot.. bad news for me. My Asus sound card just crapped out after 6 months of sporadic use in my karaoke box, so I am going to RMA it. I hope I have better luck than you, OP.

TheGoat Eater

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2005
thegoateater.com
I saw this elsewhere - that is something that I can't put into words, that frustration and anger. I feel for you as I know that feeling and it sucks. I hope that you can get your stuff figured out no matter what you do.

This is why I am glad that I stick to MSI usually, I have had nothing but great customer service from them when I needed it. After early on having issues with Asus and Evga customer service it was refreshing to have great help. BFG also had great service that was 24/7 based out of Chicago. I will spare the thread of my woes with asus and evga though. I just thought I would say that on the flipside MSI's service actually has kept me buying their stuff for myself and family/friends.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
+1 MSI
-1 EVGA
Yes it was damaged in shipping back, either way Asus shipped it and packaged it. They are "TRYING" to find me a new board(they stopped making them) so I have to wait. Four plus months going on five..............
Yes they are sending me a paid shipping label, eventually.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Hard to believe ASUS used to be the best quality out there. They've really, really slipped.

A_Square_Circle

Sep 12, 2013
I built an Phenom II X4 with an ASUS M4A79T 790FX motherboard for my sister as a wedding gift. A year later she called me up saying the computer wouldnt turn on.

The board was dead. So i shipped it out to ASUS and they shipped it back still broken. I called them up and they swore to me it worked before they sent it out. Said they had tested it.

I had read about bad ASUS support so I just bought another mobo (gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P) and it's been chugging along ever since.

I can't prove it, but I think what they did was just open the box I sent them, and repackage it in another box to send it back to me. Which I was not happy about considering i packed it so well. antistatic bag & peanuts, tons of bubble wrap, double boxed. Cost me $25 just to ship it.

They said they required all this extra protection when sending it to them but it came back with barely any protection. It wasn't damaged that I could tell, but it was still broken.

It's too bad they don't realize bad customer service loses customers. Nobody likes wasting their time pursuing a warranty claim only to be lied to. The wait time is also ridiculous, I remember being on hold 45 mins to get someone.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
For me, Asus support has been hit or miss. I've RMA'd two Asus-made video cards and both times, the worst experiences I've had with returns, bar none. I'll never buy an Asus-made gpu again.

Have one of their monitors. Began failing 2 months before the 3 yr. warranty ran out. Expected the same treatment as the gpu experiences, but instead it spent 1 week out of my house, and was returned working like new. They even cleaned it up to look new, too. Been another year or so and it's working just fine.

But the monitor was sent to a different repair facility than the gpus were. And I've heard what happens with your RMA really depends upon which repair facility you have to use.

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
They make the most mobo's of any retail manufacturer and are usually #2 in OEM offerings. Their hardware is generally tops in reliability, features, and OC ability. That's why they are so highly rated.

Service on the other hand has been a huge weakness of theirs for going on decades.

Slightly off topic. What board is that. You keep referring to it as a $500 dollar board but I haven't seen on that expensive in a long while. Is that a server or dual CPU workstation board?

Mushkins

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2013
I'm not sure I'd personally blame ASUS for this one considering how UPS, USPS, and Fedex all handle my packages...

Poor customer service, yeah. But this one could easily be poor shipping practices. I'm lucky if I get a package that doesn't look like it just came back from two tours in 'nam most days.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
ASUS probably has a great manufacturing process. They probably do their due diligence in sourcing the components and making sure everything in their factory works. But damn, it sounds like they really couldn't give an iota of attention or money to the few defective boards that could have escaped their grasp or got damaged at some point going to the store(shipment issues). They seem to charge a premium for the boards they make, but don't want to support them.

I've only bought one board from them, and thankfully, it has caused no issues. The anecdotes about ASUS's support is quite a deterrent.

redyouch

Aug 6, 2013
Sad news considering that many of us held ASUS high on the list of quality component manufacturers.