omega59

Aug 10, 2012
Hey guys. I have this laptop and due to the location of this wire, over time open/closing the screen caused this wire to wear and tare over time. So I'm in search for a replacement wire but all I can find are ones for other models. There is no serial or part number on the wire itself. So I'm wondering where I can find this replacement wire for my V500c, EBay has some but for other models not mines.

Thanks for your time!

omega59

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for the response. I thought I had posted a link to the image, I guess not I apologize. Here is the one I've circled it in red I hope you can make that out, I'm not good at this lol. http://i64.tinypic.com/2yl61dv.jpg
The part on the right side goes into the BT/WiFi card. You can also see where the flaw of the design is. The wire location, each time the lid opens-closes this wire gets bent/pinched causing it to fubor. I'm hoping to replace it as this is the only issue with this laptop and I will try to relocate it some place on that board so it doesn't do this again.

edit: if you go to view raw image below the pic you can zoom in at a much larger scale.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
I'm pretty sure the wifi wires are just well, wires. I expect these are antenna wires that just snap onto the wireless card. Nothing special about them really except the length should be precise and the connector at the card end. Guessing these would do the trick:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...r_of_Wifi_Antennas-_-9SIA72578R5149-_-Product

The other cable looks to be the video cable. Burpo's upper link should cover that.

Good luck!

omega59

Aug 10, 2012
Yes the WiFi just snaps in. but that touch controller is not required. the ebay posted links are not the wire i need. it is different connectors. i don't need to replace that WiFi board either. If i unravel the wire I bet I can separate the WiFi wires possibly. Any other suggestions because I'm running out of luck.

Last edited: