Question Asus Rog Strix Z690-F - Checking Capacitor

vcore

Dec 12, 2021
With all the Z690 Hero motherboards catching on fire due to incorrect placement of the capacitors. I was wondering if there are other Z690 models out there besides the Hero that have the capacitors the wrong way aswell?

My motherboard is the Rog Strix Z690-F and upon inspection I see the same capacitors used as the Hero. But on my motherboard the capacitor is at a vertical orientation. Though I’m not sure which way the stripe has to be facing for the Z690-F. Anyone know?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Asus has said it only affects the Z690 Hero motherboards with specific manufacturing runs. They didn't say any other models were affected.

vcore

Dec 12, 2021
Asus has said it only affects the Z690 Hero motherboards with specific manufacturing runs. They didn't say any other models were affected.

Yes I know but just cause Asus says that doesn’t mean we can believe them though.

That’s why I wanted to ask if anyone who knows or have knowledge with capacitors, which way should the G157 (6.3V) capacitors and other related capacitors stripe part (+) be facing on the Rog Strix Z690-F?

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Yes I know but just cause Asus says that doesn’t mean we can believe them though.

That’s why I wanted to ask if anyone who knows or have knowledge with capacitors, which way should the G157 (6.3V) capacitors and other related capacitors stripe part (+) be facing on the Rog Strix Z690-F?
Unless I missed something, but when has this been an issue with Asus in the past? They have sold millions of boards for a very long time and this is the first time I remember something like this.