ASUS ROG MATRIX POSEDION GTX 980 or MSI GAMING RX480 8GB ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

presentxy

Jul 28, 2015
I'm disagree with you guys.I already bought Strix RX480 8GB.I used my HD7870 5 years and im gonna use that too 5 years.After 5 years i change whole system.But im not seeing my rx480 waste of money because of in amd radeon setting i can change texture quality high and a lot of fine tune for more load GPU.I have some GPU power and i can use it,with using VSR,8xMSAA, with GeDoSaTo 4K res in dx9 games(i love cod2 2005 im still playing or another downsampling method for newer games).So i think my choice is right.5 years later completely i change my system.

presentxy

Jul 28, 2015
By the way,using VSR can effect on gpu lifespan or not ? I'm thinking about, gpu render it and memory take big picture and fit to our native res.Is it safe for gpu lifespan ? Or am i wrong ? I just guess.

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
By the way,using VSR can effect on gpu lifespan or not ? I'm thinking about, gpu render it and memory take big picture and fit to our native res.Is it safe for gpu lifespan ? Or am i wrong ? I just guess.
No it won't affect the lifespan of the GPU. As long as it operates within its specifications, putting more software load on it won't affect long term durability.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I'm disagree with you guys.I already bought Strix RX480 8GB.I used my HD7870 5 years and im gonna use that too 5 years.After 5 years i change whole system.But im not seeing my rx480 waste of money because of in amd radeon setting i can change texture quality high and a lot of fine tune for more load GPU.I have some GPU power and i can use it,with using VSR,8xMSAA, with GeDoSaTo 4K res in dx9 games(i love cod2 2005 im still playing or another downsampling method for newer games).So i think my choice is right.5 years later completely i change my system.

Why would you ask the question in this forum, clearly deferring to those who know more than you (or at least getting a recommendation from perceived peers), then disagreeing completely with what everyone says and just buy what you wanted to anyhow?

presentxy

Jul 28, 2015
Why would you ask the question in this forum, clearly deferring to those who know more than you (or at least getting a recommendation from perceived peers), then disagreeing completely with what everyone says and just buy what you wanted to anyhow?

We discuss right ? Buying Rx470 make sense but i just give my opinion besides my question is gtx980 or rx480,dont give me another option if i want another options i already wrote that before in my question.I ask gtx980 or rx480 im telling you again.People says RX480 or RX470 so its make sanse and i bought rx480 and i discuss about waste of money thing about my choice.So get out of this topic