Asus PA248Q any good?

zod96

Platinum Member
May 28, 2007
Thinking about getting the Asus PA248Q for my Dad. I know its an IPS panel and was wondering how well people like it for games and general web surfing and watching the occasional movie....

Leyawiin

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2008
Thinking about getting the Asus PA248Q for my Dad. I know its an IPS panel and was wondering how well people like it for games and general web surfing and watching the occasional movie....

Its the fraternal twin of the Dell U2412M. Basically, its fine for all those activities. I ordered a PA248Q from Newegg the day they got them in stock. It was fine for my MMO and RPG gaming and the internet, but it unfortunately had a strange pink tint on the right 1/3 of the screen. It had a little backlight bleeding in the four corners, but I could have overlooked that if the panel had uniform color. I sent it back and got a Dell U2412M. Much more uniform backlight and no weird tint issues. The performance in gaming is identical. TFT Central said it believes the PA248Q is a 6 bit + FRC panel - and most likely the same LG one as is used on the Dell. Eric Franlin from CNET said it was an e-IPS.

Last edited: