ASUS P4PE: Jumperfree Mode???

sh00k

Mar 3, 2003
I own the stripped down P4PE w/o GB Lan or Firewire and a Pentium 4 1.7 ghz Processor

in the bios > advanced tab i see the option to change my FSB, however when i set my CPU to MANUAL i cannot change the FSB it is grayed out so im guessing i need to enable jumperfree mode... just how do i go about doing this... i must be stupid cuz ive looked through the manual and i cant find it

neo4s

Dec 21, 2002
I have the same thing with my P4GE mobo... Apparently the mobo is already (and always will be) in jumperfree mode - because there are no jumpers on the mobo. For some reason ASUS didnt change the BIOS from the old days when there were jumpers on the mobo.
Setting the CPU speed to manual should let you change the CPU external frequency - which will allow you to overclock the system.

lenjack

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
I checked mine and the manual. There is no setting to enable jumperfree mode. The board is already jumperfree and only jumperfree.

emjem

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
If you set the cpu speed to manual and the fsb selection is grayed out the bios is corrupted or the bios chip is defective. You could try a bios update, or just RMA the mobo. If it were mine I would try a bios update first.

techfuzz

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2001
There is one jumper on the P4PE motherboard: CMOS reset. That is the only one!

techfuzz