Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe- Video problems with 3 units HELP

robcaryh

Feb 19, 2007
Hi all
This is the 3rd MB i have had in 2 weeks from newegg.Every one i get gives me the one long beep and 2 short beeps indicating a video error. I have also had the video card i ordered from them,a Biostar 7600GS PCIEx16,replaced with the board.I have also gone to staples and purchased a PNY video card and got the same error with all the boards.I find it hard to believe that 3 MB's are all bad,I tried all the slots as well.

I cant get any display on my monitor at all,just the beeps.

Can anyone here suggest any reason for this? I have been building computers for 15 years and have never had a problem like this. Of course,Asus and Biostar tech support are worthless.

robcaryh

Feb 19, 2007
Is there any way it would come from the factory set to not use the PCI Express slot for video? This is the only other thing i can think of is that its looking to the regular PCI slot for video.Anyone have any other ideas? I just can't believe I got 2 bad motherboards.

Okasa

Jan 22, 2005
did you try swapping the graphics card for another, tho considering its pci-e i doubt you have another handy. However, you can double check to see in the BIOS if it is set to pci-e or AGP. however that is probably not the problem. it sounds like a graphics card error to me, oh and you could always swap your card in a working computer to determine if its working or not, need to narrow down the problem