ASUS GTX 570 DCII - Great card but odd whining / noise while in DX11

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raad11

Jul 19, 2007
I turned down the fan speed and the noise becomes more constant (less of an oscillating "chirping" type noise and more of a constant drone/whine). As soon as I alt+tab, the noise goes away, as soon as I go back into a game, the noise comes back.

raad11

Jul 19, 2007
I turned down the fan speed and the noise becomes more constant (less of an oscillating "chirping" type noise and more of a constant drone/whine). As soon as I alt+tab, the noise goes away, as soon as I go back into a game, the noise comes back.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Well turning Vsync on did significantly reduce the whine, however there is still some there. I guess since my new computer is so quiet even the slightest buzz or whine is noticeable. I would say turning vsync on reduced whine by about 80% ... so now its more than tolerable.

Still sorta odd though especially for such a nice GPU. Thanks guys.

I would definitely get the card changed out ASAP. Buddy of mine has the same card with no such issue, but i've had PSUs that have made similar noises and bad things happened.