ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Boot issues

alpha88

Dec 29, 2000
I'm running an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium with a 3000+ Venice.

The problem is pretty simple - it hangs at the full screen logo for about 2 minutes (or takes about 2 minutes to enter BIOS setup, if I hit delete)

Right now, I've got 3 hard drives and 2 PCI cards, but I've tried it with only one Hard drive and had the same problems.

Once it finishes with the bios, windows boots quickly and everything works fine.

It's running BIOS version 1005
It's a new board, and I haven't tried reflashing it yet - I'd rather not, as I'm considering returning it to newegg.

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
What precise brands and types of drives are hooked up? If you have any Western Digital PATA drives, and they have a cable all to themselves, then use the Single Master jumper setting, rather than standard Master or Slave or CS. Single Master is when the jumper pins don't have any jumper at all, easily set :) This is the first explaination coming to mind. If that's not the issue, post full specs?

alpha88

Dec 29, 2000
The boot drive is a WD 120 IDE drive, set to Master - I'll try it set to Single Master.

(This problem occurs when only this drive is in there, so I don't think they matter)