ASUS A7V333 KT333 Refurb - $69 Shipped!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dryKill

Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by: kyu614
Has anyone bought a refurb mb from newegg? anyone have any problems? thanks

I purchased a refurbished Epox 8K7A MB about a week ago and it works fine.

SoundBoy

Jan 23, 2001
Hey newegg has the loaded version for $82. Text

I'm getting this one too ;) However, I am not counting on getting the firewire bracket. As newegg says:

"Purchasing this Refurbished item means you will receive OEM BAREBONE item itself.The accessory items are not included with Refurbished products but they are shown in the pictures so the customers will know what is missing and need."

Getting the barebones version, you could be missing out on the IDE,RAID cables, plus the Digital i/o for the soundcard and the Firewire and extra USB 2.0 bracket and the software.

ULI

Mar 8, 2001
For the $82 RAID version, it does not say "OEM barebone" like on some of the other refurb boards, so you might get lucky and get everything. I wonder why the non-RAID version of this board is $107?

joe678

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
for the most part newegg refurbs come back perfectly fine working order altho it seems like MBs are 50/50...i've found everythign else to come almost new ...

Santan

Oct 23, 1999
Got mine yesterday...If came with no manual, cables, back plate, etc...(I have no need for cables as i run SCSI)

installed and powered without a hitch...it came with a tag attach..."bent left corner" PCI side

Upon examination - there is some slight damage to left corner of the board... just in fron of the screw hole - very minor - If the tag wasnt there i wouldnt have noticed it...

But the board works great (so Far)...I am trying to find a back plate that will fit it...

Ill probably cut one if necessary...

I keep you all posted...

RIck

gonzo2k

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
webpitstop.com
I'm 0-1 on refurbished newegg boards. I did read somewhere that newegg will cover return shipping up to $10.00. Talk to a CSR to confirm. I found this out AFTER I sent mine back (out of pocket)- never followed up on it.

SoundBoy

Jan 23, 2001
Back in stock, for $69.

FWIW, My $69 MB, works great. 166bus with the AROIA 1600+ ($59) = $128 shipped = 1742 Mhz. That is stock voltage, and 1 80mm fan on a Alpha PEP66. Stable, quiet and quicker than my 1800+

I love that if the fan dies, and the cpu overheats, the bios switches off the computer (and it uses the XP on-chip sensor). The raid on the raid version evidently sucks, esp. if you use USB 2.0. So this is the version to get. I ordered the raid as well, and they both came BARE bones. It's not so good that you don't get the i/o plate, is there any where to get this?

DEFIANT1

May 12, 2001
No go on the finding of the extras for me.... I contacted every distributor on ASUS' website, as well as the vendors that the dist's recommended, and have come to the conclusion that they just plain don't sell the cables and plates separately!:disgust: Luckily though, Newegg issued an RMA for them, and waived the restocking fee, but no go on eating the freight.

Guess somebody's going to get a good deal in about a week on a couple of "slightly used" A7V333-RAID boards...

pcmax

Jun 17, 2001
Cool board, great for running XP1600's at 166+FSB speeds mine is at 170 running 1785 :) with Crucial PC2100.

SoundBoy

Jan 23, 2001
Mine can go faster, but I'm going to use it at this speed for a while, before tweeking. Theres only a couple of reasons you NEED the plate.

a. RF shielding, probably not getting FCC B any more. Could be a problem, but not for me.
b. Ventilation, your letting in fresh air from the back. With most cases people will think that's a bonus.

Timmyotule

Aug 31, 2002
A bit off topic but how do I check how many are left in stock at the newegg site? I'm sure that I'm missing something simple. TIA

FPSguy

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2001
<< A bit off topic but how do I check how many are left in stock at the newegg site? I'm sure that I'm missing something simple. TIA >>

Order 99 of them -- it will only give you however many they have left. 24 at this moment.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
why are there two A7v333 in the refurb section,a $69 and a $88.5?
That's what I was thinking. Maybe the more expensive board has RAID? It doesn't mention it though.

Sal

lsman

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2001
www.flickr.com
Originally posted by: zodder
Will someone please stop me from getting this?! I see no reason not to! :)

after paying $900 last friday for car repair. (My bad, my bad, why do i want to deposit the rebates check on monday morning and drive out too close to the lamp post, why is the lamp post so close to the exit anyway, my right wheel, bars is twisted... (and then the air bag light start blinking --> some problem with the chip??? last sunday. :( need to visit the dealership and i don't think i can get out without another 300 or more $)

Hope you have a better time than me.

lsman

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2001
www.flickr.com
:) if you are financially well and can "withstand" some surprise, go ahead and do so before they are gone.

For me, i will need to finish my dual Tyan MPX project on hand and wait for a AMD to post the new CPU (oct?) with 166 FSB. Some boards may not fully support them (even KT400 chipset).

cnwk64

Banned
Jul 18, 2001
Well, I just kill my trusted P3 board, now need a replacement.
look around a little, I can order this board plus 1600+ and ship to hawaii for less then $150
They still have 16 of them in stock, if you need something cheap, I think this is better value than K7s5a for $54
But this is refurb, so good luck to you and
ME

hunter1

Jun 23, 2001
I have both. The MSI is easy to set up and works great. The Asus is harder to set up but runs like a scauled dog.