ASUS 3Dvision Laptop

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That is very cool. Now that I have a 1920x1200 res 26" monitor I would never want to go back to a 22" monitor for my desktop, nor pay the premium for a 120Hz 22" monitor. But since you're limited with a laptop to whatever is buit in anyway, it makes perfect sense there.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Considering how much it's going to cost (price isn't listed but you know it'll be up there with the "limited edition", Blu-Ray drive, and 120Hz display), I think I'd much rather go the desktop route if I really wanted 3D gaming. If I'm going to spend that much, I sure as hell don't want to be stuck with a GTX 260M.

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Storm
Considering how much it's going to cost (price isn't listed but you know it'll be up there with the "limited edition", Blu-Ray drive, and 120Hz display), I think I'd much rather go the desktop route if I really wanted 3D gaming.
There really are no affordable gaming laptops. It will probably be cheaper than a Mac though.

If I'm going to spend that much, I sure as hell don't want to be stuck with a GTX 260M.
Probably the best gaming GPU for a laptop. I would love to have one. My ATI radeon based laptop has grown long in the tooth. It stopped being able to play WoW after this last expansion.

F1shF4t

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Wreckage
If I'm going to spend that much, I sure as hell don't want to be stuck with a GTX 260M.
Probably the best gaming GPU for a laptop. I would love to have one. My ATI radeon based laptop has grown long in the tooth. It stopped being able to play WoW after this last expansion.

While true it is still fairly anemic compared to desktop cards and you're stuck with it without any means to upgrade.

For the price of a "Gaming laptop" you could build a highend desktop and buy a cheap notebook for travel. Unless you have an absolute need for one, gaming notebooks are never a good deal.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
You still have to buy those glasses.
and you have to wear them (Obviously). I'd feel kind of stupid wearing them outside. It's also just another thing to remember where you placed. Especially if you're outside. I'd probably forget them on a table somewhere...

If it's at home, you can always just use a desktop PC...

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Going by this listing on Newegg, expect a price tag north of $1500 for the 120Hz, Blu-Ray variant mentioned in the article.

You could buy six 22" 120Hz displays with $1500.

footballrunner800

Jan 28, 2008
i got exited being led and 1080p 120hz but it looks like 3dvision will not work at native resolution.

"The odd part is that allegedly, 3D Vision is only supported in 1280x720Hz, which doesn't make sense."

meh its not like the 9800gtx can push 3d at acceptable framerates anyways

shangshang

May 17, 2008
I'm wondering if Asus is builiding this laptop with the main objective being boosting revenue? or boosting "street cred"?

A lot of companies build unique top-end or high-end just so that they can claim they have the best of the best,.. so that they can sell their mid- to low- end stuff where the revenue really lies.

It's kinda like in the motorsport world, we say: "race on sunday, sell on monday".