Asterisk PBX + Google Voice / How I set up 100% free landline calling

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
ok... finally got started with my atom netbook.

and quickly got caught up where op says "assign static ip"

because i just set all my passwords, now its at a cmd promt-

localhost login:_

i tried "admin" and my password, as thats how i set it, and no luck

edit; its root for the login and your system password. ugh

this is going to be a long nite :D

2nd edit- no network connection. must be a driver issue. now i have to read up how to install drivers through a cmd promt in centos. learning so much :)

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Awesome! I've been wanting to play with Asterisk. I want to eventually setup a PBX and hookup my land line just for fun. I could setup wifi phones and stuff too.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Awesome! I've been wanting to play with Asterisk. I want to eventually setup a PBX and hookup my land line just for fun. I could setup wifi phones and stuff too.

yeah ive been doing it... i love it. using pbxes.org though and the options are limited- especially in the codecs you can use.

if you have a computer that doesnt need drivers installed, this should be easy. im at a pretty big roadblock right now though!

btw- this got moved to off topic? seriously? that makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:

midwestfisherman

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2003
Maybe they do, maybe they don't. I don't have a phone whatsoever, but with the government vacuuming all our data, I'd like a clearly defined privacy/deletion policy. Ideally, I'd like to run everything on my own equipment, with my own software, and have end to end encryption on everything. Advertisers can fuck off, and the government can get a warrant if they want the data. That would be a non-trivial task, but a worthwhile long term goal.

Paranoid?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Google says that they can't port numbers from a landline, which is the only thing keeping me from doing this. The home phone service is getting simply too expensive. Can I port to something else and then to GV?

port the number to a prepaid cell phone, then port that to google voice.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
partial success!

since the iso in the op doesnt work on my hardware, i installed the latest ubuntu instead. 12.04 LTS or something like that. what a nice little os! :eek: i didnt realize how nice ubuntu got.... i could easily see this being used instead of windows for many applications. it does feel more sluggish then windows does, but for $.free who cares. and also, surprisingly, it was a lot easier to setup and use then windows is. its like going from a wm6 phone to android :D

anyway, after unbuntu was up and running on my netbook, i used this guide to install asterisk-

Code:
http://www.kartook.com/2012/05/ubuntu-how-to-install-asterisk-10-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/

and im at the menu setup screen!

so now i have to learn how to configure asterisk through its native means, or learn how to install a gui for it. either way, im close!

Asterisk1.jpg

Last edited:

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
@wirednuts

If you're just looking for a simple GUI, then freeBBX is the de-facto standard for A*.. It's what Elastix is actually built upon. Once you get that going the rest should more or less apply.

I've rolled my own with A* several times and compiled it all from source just like you are doing now. If you hit a roadblock, hit me up PM and I'll try to get your through it.

http://www.freepbx.org/

If your stuck with CLI only, I can shoot you some config files that should more or less be plug-n-play after a few 'tweaks' to make them your own.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i have been having problems, but i think it has to do with poor linux installation to begin with and my own error in commands

i restarted from scratch, and this is the first time i got ubuntu to install with no errors popping up, and all updates are installed now with no errors. its running much much quicker then it did, so i feel i finally have it right on this little netbook.

so i am trying the asterisk install again right now. once i get it installed, i want to try to put a gui on it. if you think freepbx is the easiest to install i will try it. im not so worried about how good the gui is, i just want something easy to install. i have grown up on windows- i dont command the best :D

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
So I just cancelled my cell phone service. What would be a good OS to run this on, if this is the only thing I'm going to run on the box? Ubuntu or something?

Also, what hardware should I get, or can I just use a mic and speakers/headphones?

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
So I just cancelled my cell phone service. What would be a good OS to run this on, if this is the only thing I'm going to run on the box? Ubuntu or something?

Also, what hardware should I get, or can I just use a mic and speakers/headphones?

Well the OS is going to be Linux but I think a few folks reading this are confusing what I'm suggesting (Elastix) for an application when it is an all-in-one solution.

But if you want to roll your own there are a few basic things you need to get a working setup.
1) A box running Linux (CentOS preferred but not necessarily required, I've had Asterisk running on CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, SuSE, RHEL, Oracle Enterprise OS, and MacOSX) CentOS/RHEL is by far the most straight forward and "agreeable" with Asterisk. It was the first OS Asterisk was built for and it's still the best at running it.

2) You will need Apache Web Server and MySQL installed and running. You can install these from packages

3) You will need Kernel headers and development tools installed along with Python scripting language and GCC+ compiler for compiling from source

4) the Asterisk source code which you will download from Digium and compile yourself.

5) a GUI if you don't want to do everything by CLI - I recommend freePBX, which you will get from www.freepbx.org and also compile from source.

OR YOU CAN TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT

There are several pre-compiled distributions that will install everything you need in one fell swoop. (Think of these the same way you would a Windows install w/ a slip-streamed service pack included)
The three top ones are:

Elastix
Trixbox
PBX In A Flash (PIAF)

With any of these three you download the .iso file, burn it to a CD. pop it into a machine and run the installer then voila. Instant PBX system ready to go. OS and almost all software included. ;)

Well I still stand behind Elastix for the easiest setup to get up and running. It installs the Linux OS CentOS (a.k.a. freely-distributed-recompiled-RedHat-Enterprise-Linux), Asterisk, their own customized freePBX-based GUI, and some other cool widgets I find useful..

As far as hardware goes, it's pretty flexible. I've had success running it on a multitude of platforms. My first build which was roll-your-own CentOS/Asterisk/freeBPX where I took the hard road and compiled it all from source via SVN checkouts, etc. It is still running on an old cheapie TigerDirect Server w/ a Pentium 4 from back in 2005.

I've installed both TrixBox and Elastix on several other machines ranging from VMs to spare laptops, to other home built computers.

My latest installs have been a PIAF (promptly replaced by Elastix) load on a Dell Latitude D610 laptop that I use to run OpenBTS and a USRP to power my own GSM cellphone network-in-a-suitcase. I recently did the whole compile from source thing on a rack server running Debian "Lenny", and at home for my personal system I loaded Elastix 2.3.0 (stable) on an old Gateway that my wife bought at Costco around 5-6 years ago. I've even heard of people running just bare Asterisk on Android! Imagine your cellphone as a PBX - yeah, chew on that one for a while.

As far as hardware, certainly a headset/mic will work if you want to use a softphone (I recommend X-Lite or SJ Phone). If you want a real phone, pretty much any Analog Telephone Adaptor (ATA) that uses Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) will work just fine. I've had very good luck with Linksys/Sipura. An ATA is a small box that connects to your PBX via your network and provides a port you can plug any plain old phone into for a dial tone.

Or you could use an IP phone (some work better than others with Asterisk). Aastra phones seem to be some of the best for use with Asterisk. Cisco's were sketchy in the past but most of that has been worked out with later releases of Asterisk. I've never tried Avaya (formerly Nortel), but I hear they can be made to work too.

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
the only downside i have read about with the premade distros is you likely wont have the most up to date kernels and such. but if it works on your hardware, then i would do it.

for whatever reason though, this little atom netbook i have doesnt like premade distros. it barely took that ubuntu install i gave it. it did though, its running perfect. i still havent done asterisk yet again though, ive been not in the mood

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
partial success!

since the iso in the op doesnt work on my hardware, i installed the latest ubuntu instead. 12.04 LTS or something like that. what a nice little os! :eek: i didnt realize how nice ubuntu got.... i could easily see this being used instead of windows for many applications. it does feel more sluggish then windows does, but for $.free who cares. and also, surprisingly, it was a lot easier to setup and use then windows is. its like going from a wm6 phone to android :D

anyway, after unbuntu was up and running on my netbook, i used this guide to install asterisk-

Code:
http://www.kartook.com/2012/05/ubuntu-how-to-install-asterisk-10-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/

and im at the menu setup screen!

so now i have to learn how to configure asterisk through its native means, or learn how to install a gui for it. either way, im close!

Asterisk1.jpg

Running Asterisk 10 huh? I would have recommended something from the 1.8 branch. It's more mature and you'll run into less bugs with it and it will continue to receive up dates for quite some time. I've historically found newer to not always equal better with Asterisk (and I don't know why it jumps from V1.8 to v10, but it just does https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions )

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
the only downside i have read about with the premade distros is you likely wont have the most up to date kernels and such. but if it works on your hardware, then i would do it.

for whatever reason though, this little atom netbook i have doesnt like premade distros. it barely took that ubuntu install i gave it. it did though, its running perfect. i still havent done asterisk yet again though, ive been not in the mood

You absolutely have a point about the Kernels. Even the software packages themselves come dated from time to time depending on how old the pre-compiled build is.

I've done it both ways and there are pros and cons to either.. It's a pick your poison type thing. In your case I've never tried loading it on anything that "light" before so you're right that in your case the canned approach might not be the best way to go about it.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I've done it both ways and there are pros and cons to either.. It's a pick your poison type thing. In your case I've never tried loading it on anything that "light" before so you're right that in your case the canned approach might not be the best way to go about it.

really? im surprised linux isnt more compatible with the 1w chips out there. i couldnt imagine running this on an old pIII box or something... i have a couple but to leave them on 24/7 would cost me like $15 a month. if i do that i might as well buy sip service and not worry about it.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Finally had time to read up on this. Thanks a bunch! I have a debian file server running now, I'll look at what is in apt now before I run update. Might get the 1.8 without rolling my own :)

bender29

Oct 19, 2012
Just wanted to say thanks for this guide! Like others, I've been meaning to play around with Asterisk for years but never got around to it.

I used Vmware Workstation and it works great.

Some additional things I had to do:
Port forwarding from my router to the Elastix virtual machine. (port 5060 UDP, 10000-10009 UDP)
Also, to get incoming calls to work, I had to toggle the "Allow anonymous Inbound SIP calls?" to "yes". I was testing from another google voice number so maybe there was something weird there.

Finally, for debugging, it was very useful to login to CLI and run "asterisk -rvvvvv"
Then you can see debug output whenever the system is calling or receiving (or lack of output, in my case).

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i never did finish installing asterisk on my atom netbook. i think it would have worked after i finally learned how to compile properly... however times have changed and raspberry pi's are available (YEAY!)

i just got one in, yet i think its going into my custom portable media center. i want to get that done first, and then ill drop another $45 for the asterisk build. that way, when i do finally get asterisk running it can stay running. and since it will be running on top of a linux desktop distro, i might just use that box to do torrents and file sharing. my current server is an e350 build but that thing runs media center so well that i want to put it in a different case and use it with a tv.

i also believe i will be dumping google voice. i have enough delay in my conversations as it is, i dont need more.

Last edited:

Faithwalk

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks for posting this information. I was able to get my system up and running. However, internal calls are not working. They are not even my asterisk box, but rather goes straight to voicemail. Any ideas?

Thanks,

I'm not the first and many people have been using the Obi devices to do this already, but I thought I'd do it differently and use Asterisk instead. This saved me the cost of buying the Obi box and I can do a ton of cool features as well so I just wanted to share incase anyone else was interested in the process.

Here's what you need:
1) A spare PC, laptop, whatever OR you can virtualize if you choose. (Virtualbox is free)

2) The latest version of Elastix. I like Elastix because it is the simplest way to get Asterisk up and going. It is easier and faster to install than PIAF and has everything I like about Trixbox without any of the commercialized bloatware.

http://www.elastix.org/index.php/en/downloads.html (I used version 2.3.0 Stable)

3) The Google Voice addon for Asterisk. http://www.freedoh.net/googlevoice.html

Download and save the tarball to the machine you will use to access the Elastix web GUI. Ok if it's a Windows machine (more on this later)

4) PuTTY (remote terminal needed to access your Elastix box)
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

5) A Google Voice account if you don't already have one. When it asks, tell it you want a new number.
http://www.google.com/voice

To get it all set up:
1) Once you have the Elastix .iso downloaded and burned onto a CD begin by installing Elastix on a spare machine. This basically involves booting from CD, pressing 'Enter' at the boot> prompt from the startup screen and following the on screen instructions. If you've ever done an install of RedHat or Fedora before this should seem very familiar.

NOTE: I used the same password for all of the different admin functions for simplicity sake, (root, mysql, elastix GUI). You can do otherwise for added security, just remember what's what. I also assigned it a Static IP address.. I recommend doing this to make setting up SIP clients easier (more on this later)

2) While Elastix is installing we need to modify the settings in Google Voice so go ahead and log into your Google Voice account from your favorite browser. Once inside, click on your number in the left hand pane. Then under the phones tab check the box next to Google chat and uncheck everything else.

Next click on the Calls tab:
Call Screening = off
Caller ID (incoming) = Display Caller's ID
Caller ID (outgoing) = Don't change anything
Do Not Disturb = Leave unchecked
Missed Calls = Leave unchecked
Call Options = Leave unchecked
Global Spam Filtering = Check the box

Save the settings and you're done, you can sign out of Google Voice

3) Modifying Elastix to use Google Voice:
Once Elastix is done installing, remove the CD and reboot the system.

Before we can modify the Elastix box to accept the Google Voice addon we must be able to grant ourselves access to run FreePBX in Unembedded mode (more on this later). In order to be able to grant ourselves this access we must first enable the Advanced Security features in the Elastix web-gui. Here is how to do it:

From a separate machine launch PuTTY. Enter the IP address you assigned the Elastix machine in the address space and select SSH then click "Open". When prompted accept the RSA keys and login as username:root, password: whatever you assigned to root at install. Alternatively you can just log in locally.

One you're in perform the following command:
#yum install -y elastix-security

Once that is finished enter the following commands:
#amportal stop
#amportal start

One that is finished log out of Elastix.
#exit

From a separate machine using your favorite web browser type the IP of the Elastix box into the address bar to bring up the Elastix GUI. Login with username:admin, password: whatever you assigned. If you get a security certificate warning, it's OK, just proceed anyway.

Once you are logged into the web-gui, across the top row of tabs on the most right hand side is a down arrow (v). Click that to open a drop down box and select "Security".

From there on the second row (the gray bar) there is a tab called "Advanced Settings", click that..

Next to "Enable direct access (Non-embedded) to FreePBX:" click the switch to turn access ON and then click the save button in the upper left.

From here click "PBX" on the top row of tabs and then scroll all the way to the bottom. On the left hand side there should be an option "Unembedded freePBX"; click it..

This should launch a new login screen for which the username will be Admin with a capitol "A" and the password should be the same admin password for the Elastix gui.

On the left right above the blue bar that says 'basic' there is an option for Module Admin; click it..

Once on this screen click the 'Upload Module' option. On the next screen choose the "Choose file" option and browse to the location where you saved the googlevoice-0.6.0.tgz file you downloaded in step 3 of the preparation. Select this file and and click "open". Once the window disappears and you verify the correct filename is shown in the corresponding text box, click "upload"

Once the upload completes, on the left hand pane click the "Module Admin" option again and scroll all the way to the bottom. You will see a new feature under 3rd Party Addons called Googlevoice. Click it and it should expand with the option to Install. Select 'Install" and then click on the "process" button in the lower right hand corner. On the next page click "confirm". This will install all of the extensions you need to interact directly with Googlevoice from within Asterisk.

Still working within Unembedded freePBX mode, on the left hand pane all the way at the bottom will now be an option named 'Google Voice', click it. It should bring up a window asking for the credentials you used to create your Google Voice account with:
Under Phone Number: enter the 10 digit Google Voice number you were assigned
Username: is going to be the first half of your Google ID you signed up with for you Google Voice account WITHOUT the @gmail.com part.
Password: is going to be the password to your Google Voice account.
Tick the 3 boxes and the GUI will automatically create all of the correct trunks and routes to allow Asterisk to start using your Google Voice line directly. You must also agree to the TOS. Once you have completed these steps click on "Submit Changes". After which there will be a orange bar across the top of the webpage that says "Apply Configuration Changes". Click that to commit the changes you have just made and reload the Asterisk back end.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Unlike most changes you make to Asterisk, the Google Voice trunks will not come on line with a simple back end reload from the web gui.. You must restart Asterisk manually. Here it goes...

Using PuTTY or the local machine, log back into the Elastix box as root. Issue the following commands:
#amportal stop
#amportal start

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: Installing the Google Voice module breaks the Elastix gui embedded PBX features. Here is how we fix that:

still logged in as root, issue the following commands:
#cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/googlevoice/
#cp functions.inc.php functions.inc.php.bak
(just incase we royally F up and need to revert back to an unmolested copy.. ;) )
#nano functions.inc.php

Arrow down until you find :
global $amp_conf;

Comment out the following lines like so:

// Do we run FreePBX 2.8?
//if(file_exists($amp_conf['AMPWEBROOT']."/admin/extensions.class.php"))
//{
// Yes, then include these files
//I need to know if we really need these files. Questionable.
//require_once("functions.inc.php");
//require_once("extensions.class.php");
//}

Once finished hit <CTRL> + <x> to exit.
At the prompt hit <y> to save.

Again time to manually restart Asterisk

#amportal stop
#amportal start

Now we're all set for smooth sailing from here on in. You can logout of the Elastix box.
#exit.

Back to the unembedded freePBX gui window (assuming it's still open). We not longer need to work in unembedded freePBX.

NOTE: If you decide you would like to add additional Google Voice lines you can ONLY do that using unembedded freePBX mode but aside form that plus adding the 3rd party GV plugin there is no reason to use Elastix this way.. Everything else can be done from embedded mode once you fix what the plugin breaks in the gui (which we just finished doing).

ANOTHER NOTE: When you add additional GV lines you have to check the add trunks and TOS boxes. Dont add any more routes doing this.. One already exists from the first GV number and adding additional ones can get funky. We only have to edit the original one start making use of the additional trunks/GV lines.

Ok where were we...
Elastix installed - check
GV account - check
3rd party plugin installed - check
gui bug fixed - check
GV trunks added - check
manual asterisk reload done - check

Time for the fun stuff.

From here all you need is an extension to use with your new GV line. It can be SIP, it can be an IAXy device, it can be Zap (if you have an FXO card installed).

You can use a softphone like X-Lite or SJ Phone on your computer, you can use an ATA and plug in a POTS phone, you can do a SIP client on your smartphone. Basically anything Asterisk can make an extension for you can use.

I used an old Sangoma ATA and hooked it to a cordless phone base I have and just for fun I also installed Media-5 SIP Fone on my Droid to use over my WiFi connection. I put both extensions in a ring group so when someone calls my GV line it rings the regular phone and my cell phone SIP client at the same time (pretty cool!).

Creating SIP extensions in Elastix is easy. From the Elastix web gui, click the PBX tab. In the left hand pane will be an option for extensions. Click it.. On this screen, select generic SIP device and click 'Submit".

The next screen has a whole ton of fields asking for information but only 3 of them really matter. You need a Display Name for your extension (this can be anything but I just used the number I used for the extension as the display name for simplicity). Then you need to assign an extension number. I used 1001 for my ATA. The only other thing that matters here is you have to assign a 'secret'.. This is basically a password your SIP device will use to authenticate with Asterisk. I kept is simple and used "gv1001" for extension 1001. That's all you need! Scroll to the bottom and click "submit". Don't forget to scroll back up to the top and click the orange bar to apply changes. You should now see your newly created extension listed over on the right side of the page.

OK, the next step is to configure your SIP client to talk to Asterisk. This is going to depend on your SIP device for the exact setup but the meat and potatoes of it is your username is going to be the extension number (e.g.1001) and the password is going to be your secret (e.g. gv1001) and your domain/server/whatever-it-calls-it is going to be the IP address if your Elastix box. Once you enter that information and save it your device should indicate it has successfully registered with your provider or something to that effect.

If all has gone according to plan so far you can actually start making outbound calls right now using 10 digit dialing (no need to dial a '1').

So assuming we are so far so good, the last order of business is to be able to answer inbound calls. This is done by creating and Inbound Route.

This is done by selecting the Inbound Route option on the left hand pane.. click it...
This should bring up the 'Add Incoming Route' page... This is much easier than it looks:
In the DID Number box goes your 10 digit Google Voice number you were assigned. Leave everything else as-is and scroll down to the very bottom to 'set destination'. Under this heading, click the drop down box and select "Extensions". A new drop down box should appear containing any extensions you've created. Select the one you want to use to answer your Google Voice line and click submit. As always scroll back to the top and click the orange bar to commit changes and reload the back end.

Now when anyone calls your Google Voice line it will ring directly to that extension and you can answer it.

Congratulations!! Free Land Line via Google Voice with inbound and outbound calling!!!

Now you can have fun experimenting and learning all the other cool tricks Asterisk can do!

For Instance, I signed up 4 GV lines, Set up my routing to dedicate one to handling only inbound calls and route outbounds out the other three. I set up a ring group to ring all extensions including my cell phone when someone calls in, I assigned one of the other three lines as a direct in dial for my daughter so she can have her own line again using a SIP client on my old Droid that I don't use anymore, I set up a follow me so Asterisk will connect an inbound call not answered at the house and forward it to my cell phone number when I'm away.. Just all kinds of cool stuff you can geek out on.

Hope someone finds this writeup useful and most of all HAVE FUN WITH IT!!! :D

-JR

yo1acota

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for posting this information. I was able to get my system up and running. However, internal and out calls is working but but rather don't hear any voice when i call or when i receipt the call. Any ideas?

Thanks,

qscc2

Mar 2, 2013
I'm trying to setup Elastix with GoogleVoice mostly as a learning experance. Following your write up made all this easy enough, until I got to the most important part, commenting out the 8 lines in functions.inc.php. When I follow your instructions [ #cd var/www/html/admin/modules/googlevoice/functions.inc.php ]
I get "no such file or directory". Can you guide me to locating the directory to verify that it does exist, or if not, where did I go wrong. The module says it is installed and enabled in FreePBX.
Thanks qscc2

xlr8n

Mar 8, 2013
Excellent write-up and easy to follow (bravo).

All went well but the GV isn't routing to my internal extension. I tried configuring the route via both embedded PBX and unembedded PBX to no avail on either.

On the GV web page configuration I can enable forwarding to my cell and that works but when I disable fowarding to this cell it will not ring the internal PBX extension. I've triple checked the route to no avail. I suspect the problem is on the google forwarding end but I'm not positive. I'll peruse the linux logs in hopes of identifying something useful but would like to know if anyone else ran into this same issue.

Quite possibly I need to open a network port on my router to forward to the Elastix server, not sure.

Enabling the Aterisk CLI and making a call to the GV number I see Google connect and immediately drop and the internal softphone never rings. Here is the log for this event.

[root@voip log]# asterisk -rvvvvv
Asterisk 1.8.20.0, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2012 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 1.8.20.0 currently running on voip (pid = 6254)
Verbosity was 3 and is now 5
voip*CLI>
-- Remote UNIX connection
-- Remote UNIX connection disconnected
voip*CLI>

I'm not sure which side is dropping the google connection, google or asterisk.

Still searching...

Interesting observation here. If I turn my Android cell phone off which is connected to the GV account, the inbound calls work flawlessly 100% of the time. When I power the cell phone back on the problem returns in that it will not forward to my internal Elastix extension.

I've read in other threads that different google voice numbers in different area codes seem to do better than others. I'll try adding another line and possibly another gmail account in hopes of a workaround.

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
pbx software is now on the raspberry pi with xbmc. i havent tried it yet, but it should be by far the easiest way to get your own pbx on a very low power, low cost computer.