Associated Press Goes Fake News.

Nov 17, 2019
And at the same time ....

ChatGPT Comes Under Investigation by Federal Trade Commission

www.msn.com.ico
The Wall Street Journal|6 hours ago
WASHINGTON—The Federal Trade Commission is investigating whether OpenAI's ChatGPT has harmed people by publishing false information about them, posing a potential legal threat to the popular app that ...

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
If anything, this gives ChatGPT a known credible source of news that, if properly weighted, it might learn something from and use to combat disinformation.

Reactions: Pohemi and Ken g6

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If anything, this gives ChatGPT a known credible source of news that, if properly weighted, it might learn something from and use to combat disinformation.
I know nothing but that was my first assumption. I's sort of like imagining that Hunter Biden left a packet of cocaine in the White House rather than some Republican planted it there.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
One of the more interesting narratives we often hear about AI is that it is like a natural animal in the wild. That legally we can't determine liabilty. And that's really nonsense. Because autonomous or not, AI is a tool invented and used by people. And as with any tool, the inventors and the users are liable when anything goes wrong.

Last edited: