Asset Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
My parents were contacted by a company called Asset Connectors who claim to be distributing the proceeds from a class action suit. Anyone ever hear of the company?

Edit: Edited title to reflect positive outcome. Asset Connectors provided quality, professional service for my parents.

Problem was resolved years ago. Thread was revived by noob.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Could very well be a scam, but it can't hurt to talk to them. Just make sure that you don't sign anything and don't provide them with any personal information like SS numbers etc.

Dec 10, 2005
They could have abandoned property in another state that they can claim. It looks like (but it could still be a scam) one of those companies that tries to be an unnecessary middleman in the process. If the former condition is true, you can probably search for the stuff yourself and fill out the forms directly with the state in question.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I've been getting class action checks left and right lately---$142 worth in the last 3 months. I'd be skeptical, but also look into it carefully as it might be legit.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
My gut feeling would be some group using the publicly available info on state held assets to try and find the owners and get a cut by making the connection.

Lowkey50

Mar 3, 2017
They are real and shady at the same time. If you agree to letting them show you lost funds it can be 10 years after and your cousin could claim the funds you decided not to claim but it you cousin was going to be nice and have the funds sent to you to and you owe asset connectors money poof. Legal yes but shady in my mind. So be warned I have dealt with them and ambulance chaser always crosses my mind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.