assassin's creed: origins - release 10/27

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
anyone else excited about AC:O? it comes out on friday (actually thursday evening) and i have it preordered and ready to play. what i've seen so far looks promising, and hopefully getting 2 years instead of 1 will result in a more polished AC.

Reactions: Cappuccino

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
never played AC but I am planning to buy it if it releases on the Switch!

You should stop waiting.
The Switch isnt anywhere near powerful enough to run that game. Not even close. And if you havent noticed, big companies like Ubisoft dont make special versions of their games for low-powered systems.

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
You should stop waiting.
The Switch isnt anywhere near powerful enough to run that game. Not even close. And if you havent noticed, big companies like Ubisoft dont make special versions of their games for low-powered systems.
*cries in corner*

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Just get yourself a Xbone.
I hear they're cheaper now that the Xbone X is out. I could be wrong though.
Or maybe its the S thats out.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I'm genuinely curious about this game, but I stopped playing the series after Revelations. Too samey.

So the fact that this is changing things up has me curious.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Like Shadow of War, I won't be purchasing this until it's cheap. Screw microtransactions in single player games.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
so far i'm liking it! the north african ecosystem and egytpian buildings and artifacts look amazing. combat style and leveling system, skill tree and distinct weapons are all new and interesting for an AC game. story seemed a little disjointed at first in the intro but is coming together more as i go along.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Indifference to the practice will change that rapidly.

I'm boycotting such games so the industry will know its not a good idea.
But since theres millions of idiots buying games without any considering for the future I doubt I'm making a difference.

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
eh, they're not necessary at all.
Unfortunately, "not being necessary" doesn't mean they don't have an impact. If the game is made even +1% grindier due to the presence of de-grind / pay2levelup / "TimeSaver" MT's (as they absolutely are being designed around MT's in advance), then that's still a major problem that affects even those who don't buy them.

"You can buy Helix Credits to spend on specific cosmetics for you or your mount, legendary weapons, and "Time Saver" items and map markers. Those Time Savers include in-game money, as well as crafting materials for upgrading and skill points for unlocking new abilities. You can also pay $2 each to automatically reveal the locations of the certain secrets, including Ancient Tombs, Hermit Locations, and Stone Circles."
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...microtransactions-everything-you-need-to-know

Question : What's the difference between me "Time Saving" by buying these MT's, and me "Time Saving" for free by using Cheat Engine to 'gift' myself the exact equivalent of money, crafting materials, skill points and "unlock secrets" cheats before using a save-game editor to 'gift' myself the same Legendary Weapons, whilst demanding others who want to compare Achievements acknowledge that I haven't really cheated, just "alternative time-saved"...

Like shortylickens, I won't be buying AC:O either as it clearly isn't just cosmetics. It's glorified pay2cheat for the same stuff that "AddGold 10000", "GiveSkillPoints 20", "Summon Nirnroot 50" or "idbeholda" cheat codes did for free across +20 years of older games, (except that those older games didn't have 'fake-grind' artificial game-time padding that affected even those who didn't use them). To many, it's this "obvious fake grind" designed solely to act as in-game adverts for MT's that makes the game (and developer) trashy as hell.

Reactions: Pseudoics

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
well i've never used cheat codes, so it doesn't matter that i'd have to pay for them now. i still wouldn't use them.

you guys obviously care about this way more than i do, LOL

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Don't forget about "Assassin's Creed: <random word from dictionary>" coming out shortly after!
i'm especially excited for AC: Yestertempest

(look it up, it's a word)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Don't forget about "Assassin's Creed: <random word from dictionary>" coming out shortly after!
i'm especially excited for AC: Yestertempest

(look it up, it's a word)

http://www.wordnik.com/words/yestertempest

stephen_colbert.jpg

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I gave up on this series after AC3. Same old same old and even less taller things to hang off of.

Bier667

Oct 31, 2017
Since the CPU Thread got so many attraction i just wanna point out that AC Origins is really a nice PC Game (as long as you have the faith to struggle through the Main Quest line which is pure Consolitis).

I played alot AoC (2008 till 2010) back then and the fun is by far the same in Origins. The graphics (i5 8400/GX1070Ti) are awesome (hats off to ubi!) and i have so far more days played then slept :)

All i wanna share is that i have since 2010 (Metro2033) alot of FUN playing a computer game again and i hope you have it too! (stinkyfinger to all Steam mongos! Yes you suck!)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I played it for less than two hours and got a refund.
Controls are horrible on gamepad or keyboard. Shame cuz its damn gorgeous and I love killing innocent people.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
So far I really like it but not 100% sure if I will keep it. I am in the middle.

I played it for less than two hours and got a refund.
Controls are horrible on gamepad or keyboard. Shame cuz its damn gorgeous and I love killing innocent people.

I don't know kinda disagree.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Oh yeah I know know where all the to much cpu usage comes from I am fine on my rig and it is only a i7 7700k, 32 GB, 500 GB SSD, and EVGA Geforced 1080 ti.