Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I hated that boar the most out of everything in this game. It was stupid to put in, and painful to defeat.

I did finally finish this stupid game last night (joys of my RDR2 getting delayed) and am glad it's over. There were some good things about the game, but it felt filled with time wasters that served no point other than dragging out the gameplay.

I basically one-shotted it the 2nd time I tried it--my high-crit hero strike stuff leads to a rather high percentage of big hits. I did think the fight was stupid. It is rather out of place for the game.

There are tons of tons of time wasters in the game for sure. Much of the time spent is just wandering around the map, going from place to place. I like the world that they created and I like exploring it; the time wasters are basically just an excuse to do things along the way.

It is also easy to do things out of order, even in main quests, at the end especially, so you get some weird story elements that don't make a lot of sense.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Started playing this over the weekend and I'm hooked. I love this era so that grabs me right off the bat but the game is a ton of fun. So much so that I put RDR2 off to the side so I can focus on this first.