ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 doesn't beep upon startup

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
A few days ago, it seemed my PC died overnight and I'm trying to troubleshoot what died. I was told in another thread to disconnect everything except my PSU, CPU, and motherboard and turn it on to see if the case LEDs/fans turn on and to listen for the BIOS to beep. Previously with all my hardware installed, only my case LEDs/fans were working. Now that I've removed everything, my motherboard lights up and my CPU fan spins as well as my case hardware, although I didn't hear any beeps from the BIOS.

Does anyone know what other steps I can take to eliminate one or the other as the culprit? My time frame for fixing my PC is extremely short and I'd like to get it settled tonight and a new part ordered before I leave again.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: After plugging my HDDs and SSDs back in and without my GPUs installed, the LEDs on my motherboard lit up for a moment then went off. I then plugged a single GPU in to which my CPU fan stopped spinning and the motherboard lights didn't even come on. I'm hoping this eludes to a dying PSU and not a dead motherboard.

Last edited: