• 4) Be quiet! SFX L Power 500W
  • 5) CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB Model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R
  • 6) Solidigm P44 Pro 512GB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe
  • 7) Fractal Design Terra Jade Mini-ITX Small Form Factor PC Case

OTHER DETAILS
  • 1) CPU fan comes on
  • 2) Lights on mobo light up
  • 3) PSU fan coming on

I was expecting this to be a simple build but right now I am pretty much dead in the water. Any diagnostic suggestions?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Should be some diagnostic lights on the mobo but, when I rebuilt mine recently the slots for things were so snug it felt like things were fully seated but, they didn't click into place fully. Double-check everything and make sure things are fully seated. Still it working then short the cmos and reset to defaults. Sounds like you're almost there though unless there's a defect.

Reactions: Alexium

ZCrow

Jan 13, 2024
Should be some diagnostic lights on the mobo but, when I rebuilt mine recently the slots for things were so snug it felt like things were fully seated but, they didn't click into place fully. Double-check everything and make sure things are fully seated. Still it working then short the cmos and reset to defaults. Sounds like you're almost there though unless there's a defect.
Thanks.

• Yes, I disconnected and reseated everything more than once.
  • I then found my spare 1070 graphics card and connected that but no change.
  • I haven't found any diagnostic lights on the mobo other than at the CMOS flash button. There is a reference those lights changing for use of that button.
So it looks like CMOS shorting is my next step. I have to admit I been building since 2002 I have never had to do this before. My experience with jumper caps was with old IDE drives (pre-sata connects). I guess I have been lucky. The other rub is that I didn't find any jumper caps with the mobo box. So I have ordered a set off amazon.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Just use a screwdriver. If that doesn't resolve it then there's a chance it was a used or defective board.