ASRock new P67 mobos shipping

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bryf50

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2006
My B3 Extreme4 is on its way from Newegg. :) I really don't feel like doing the swap though. I'll probably put it off till the last days before I have to return the old one to them.

Edit: Wow those crazy bastards shipped next day air. Shipped from California yesterday and is out for delivery in New York today.

Last edited:

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
My B3 Extreme4 is on its way from Newegg. :) I really don't feel like doing the swap though. I'll probably put it off till the last days before I have to return the old one to them.

Edit: Wow those crazy bastards shipped next day air. Shipped from California yesterday and is out for delivery in New York today.

ooohh cool. So maybe I'll have an email waiting for me when I get home today. When did you buy? I assume they are going in order, from Jan 9 onwards, based on date of purchase.

Did you give them CC number and then you have how long to get back the old one to them?

One clarification I'd have with them....I want to make sure that this is seen as a NEW PURCHASE or otherwise noted so that I get the 2yr warranty that ASRock is offering on all NEW PURCHASES of P67 mobos.....I will ask Newegg about that.

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
I would suggest not buying from ewiz. Their CS is nowhere near newegg.

I agree and don't think you should encourage the BS they're pulling like taking orders and then telling you 2 days later that the order is out of stock but "might" ship next week.......unacceptable actually. It would be different if they were charging $20 less or something....money is money I guess.......but to pay the Newegg price but not get Newegg service, that I don't get. But I know everyone is itchin' to get those mobos and can't wait an extra hour, let alone an extra day or two.......

Rekonn

May 9, 2000
Called up superbiiz about my order, CSR said same thing web site does - Released for Distribution. According to them, that means the product was in stock, order went to warehouse, and should be shipped right away. If it hasn't shipped by Monday I'll cancel the order then.

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
Called up superbiiz about my order, CSR said same thing web site does - Released for Distribution. According to them, that means the product was in stock, order went to warehouse, and should be shipped right away. If it hasn't shipped by Monday I'll cancel the order then.

Good luck. So they claim to just have a long lag period between taking the order and actually shipping it.

I love when companies hide behind communication issues at the warehouse. Like in 2011, its that hard to have a computer inventory system that can keep track of orders on both sides of the operation? Its like harkening back to the old days "well we took the order, but when we sent it down to ol' Joe at the loading dock, we comes to find out that Joe doesn't have any left, but he thinks that they'll be coming in a new shipment real soon!"

gr8erimage

Jan 24, 2011
Canceled my order for the Extreme4 from SuperBiiz. If it's not available, they shouldn't be showing it as in stock on their website.

I went to Fry's this afternoon and found an Asus P8P67 for $160.

Bryf50

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2006
ooohh cool. So maybe I'll have an email waiting for me when I get home today. When did you buy? I assume they are going in order, from Jan 9 onwards, based on date of purchase.

Did you give them CC number and then you have how long to get back the old one to them?

One clarification I'd have with them....I want to make sure that this is seen as a NEW PURCHASE or otherwise noted so that I get the 2yr warranty that ASRock is offering on all NEW PURCHASES of P67 mobos.....I will ask Newegg about that.

I think I bought mine about a week from release. They sent me an email about 6 days ago saying I had to reply in 7 days or theyd give my mobo to the next in line. So I would think every 7 days from about today more motherboards will be available.

And yea I gave them my cc number and I have 30 days to give them the old one back or they'll charge me.

As for the warranty I just assumed it was extended but I never got Newegg or Asrock to clarify that.

jm0990

Mar 8, 2011
These Asrock boards are taking forever to show up on newegg. I'm thinking of buying either the biostar tp67b+ or the asrock p67 pro3 - probably whichever is cheaper. Anyone have any thoughts as to which one is higher quality?

Rekonn

May 9, 2000
Good luck. So they claim to just have a long lag period between taking the order and actually shipping it.

I love when companies hide behind communication issues at the warehouse. Like in 2011, its that hard to have a computer inventory system that can keep track of orders on both sides of the operation? Its like harkening back to the old days "well we took the order, but when we sent it down to ol' Joe at the loading dock, we comes to find out that Joe doesn't have any left, but he thinks that they'll be coming in a new shipment real soon!"

At the end of Friday the 18th, I got an email with a tracking number saying my order has shipped. Per UPS, my Asrock P67 Pro3 is on the way, and should arrive by this Friday the 25th. So far so good, will update if anything changes.

nanobreath

May 14, 2008
I think I bought mine about a week from release. They sent me an email about 6 days ago saying I had to reply in 7 days or theyd give my mobo to the next in line. So I would think every 7 days from about today more motherboards will be available.

And yea I gave them my cc number and I have 30 days to give them the old one back or they'll charge me.

As for the warranty I just assumed it was extended but I never got Newegg or Asrock to clarify that.

Wait...a week after release? I needs to contact newegg then and see where the hell my replacement is then. I ordered on release day and haven't had an email.

jojiboy

May 8, 2000
I ordered mine the day before Intel disclosed the problem. I received my replacement last Friday.

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
I ordered mine the day before Intel disclosed the problem. I received my replacement last Friday.

But you had the Extreme 6 it appears - and obviously Newegg has (had) some stock of those.

I haven't seen any Extreme 4s listed on Newegg so they're obviously still working thru the backlog of previous buyers whenever they get any Extreme 4s. Would guess there were many more buyers of the 4s vs the 6s given the price point and lack of significant differentiation going up to the 6.

kop

Mar 4, 2011
But you had the Extreme 6 it appears - and obviously Newegg has (had) some stock of those.

I haven't seen any Extreme 4s listed on Newegg so they're obviously still working thru the backlog of previous buyers whenever they get any Extreme 4s. Would guess there were many more buyers of the 4s vs the 6s given the price point and lack of significant differentiation going up to the 6.

ewiz has ext4 but hasn't started to replace the defective ones.

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
ewiz has ext4 but hasn't started to replace the defective ones.

That's because Ewiz prob could give a rats arse about helping to replace old ones if they can sell a new one......that's the difference between Ewiz and Newegg.

the chillmaster

Dec 25, 2007
I need to buy a p67 motherboard for my 2600k. I want it to support 3x SLI............ beyond that, I'll take practically anything!!!

I was looking at Asrock Extreme6 B3 and the MSI P67A-GD80

but now, nobody and I mean nobody has them in stock!

anyone have advice... where to look now? or even.. where is best to place a backorder??

thx

Last edited:

Rekonn

May 9, 2000
At the end of Friday the 18th, I got an email with a tracking number saying my order has shipped. Per UPS, my Asrock P67 Pro3 is on the way, and should arrive by this Friday the 25th. So far so good, will update if anything changes.

Just wanted to update, got my motherboard from superbiiz on Friday the 25th. Put my system together over the weekend, everything looks good so far.

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Ordered the Asrock Extreem6 on friday and it is now being shipped! Going to try to swap out my Gigabyte P67A-UD3P due to the Sata problem @ Microcenter today for the Same board, (B3).

dudeofdur

Sep 29, 2008
Got off the phone with newegg on the 26th and my replacement extreme4 should be coming in sometime this week...

GoldenEmu1

Jan 1, 2011
I bought an extreme4 motherboard from SuperBiiz right as the chips were coming out. They told me that I have to RMA it directly to Asrock and sent me the generic RMA form. The form states that there is no cross-shipment.

Has anyone heard anything directly from Asrock on how they are handling the exchanges? It seems weird that Asrock would do direct exchanges from Superbiiz customers, but not from Newegg. I'm surprised that they haven't posted some clearer instructions on the website.

kop

Mar 4, 2011
I bought an extreme4 motherboard from SuperBiiz right as the chips were coming out. They told me that I have to RMA it directly to Asrock and sent me the generic RMA form. The form states that there is no cross-shipment.

Has anyone heard anything directly from Asrock on how they are handling the exchanges? It seems weird that Asrock would do direct exchanges from Superbiiz customers, but not from Newegg. I'm surprised that they haven't posted some clearer instructions on the website.

asrock won't do direct RMA, you have to contact retailer. my email asking direct rma was forwarded to retailer.

GoldenEmu1

Jan 1, 2011
asrock won't do direct RMA, you have to contact retailer. my email asking direct rma was forwarded to retailer.

That is what I expected too, but they weren't explicit on their website so I asked how to do it. Here is the email I received from asrockamerica.com:

"You may replace the motherboard directly with ASRock. First I need you to reply the message with filled RMA form. I will issue RMA number and shipping instruction after I receive your reply. Just let you know we are currently facing heavy volume on replacing P67 & H67 series board, the RMA procedure will be longer than normal turn over rate."

I was curious what other people's motherboard exchange experiences with Asrock have been so far (maybe you guys are waiting?). I was hoping they'd make it easier than this, especially since other companies are cross-shipping. I don't care if I go directly thru Asrock or Compubiiz, or even if it takes a while, I just want to be able to cross-ship the thing.