ASRock AB350M Pro-4... problems??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Which X370 board should I consider? (I love Gigabyte and ASRock boards btw)

• Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

indydude345

Nov 5, 2016
I have a different b350 board with a 1700 (Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3) and I can't seem to get memory over 2666. I currently have it at that with CAS 14 and I am memtesting it. Latest bios, F7a. I will try raising SOC voltage if needed. I also have 3200MHz RAM, my guess is that the B350 boards are a bit pickier, especially if you don't have Samsung Bdies. My memory is Patriot, not sure what ICs are used.
Turns out, my motherboard just completely gave out on me. I was in the middle of a really good PUBG match, and my system just died. It would sit there and power cycle relentlessly. So my dad sold me his X370 Taichi and now my memory speed and CPU are up to par, with the mem at 3200MHz and the CPU pushing 3850MHz (plan to go a little higher). Quite happy with these results, I just hope I can get my dad back up again. He doesn't have a Ryzen board anymore, which is sad, but I might have a surprise for him in a few days.