Question Asrock AB350 PRO4 FREEZE/HANG UPS BIOS VERSION 5.80 DOWNGRADE HELP.

kirovskie

Sep 4, 2020
Hello,

I Am having freezes and Hangs up on my Ryzen 5 2400G and i am using a bios version 5.80 could you please tell me until where can i update to fix my issue? If i can upgrade it to 6.20 cause i am not sure if my processor is supported by that BIOS. Kindly please help Thank you. My ram is Ballistix sport 2X - 2666 4gb

PROCESSOR: RYZEN 5 2400G
MEMORY: CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 2666
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB
POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500BV

I Am also planing to downgrade it to 4.60 as it is supporetd my Ryzen 5 2400G or any stable version of BIOS.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Did the board come with 5.80 or did you flash it? Because there are bridge bios that must be installed in correct order first. That is, if your board had a bios older than one or both of the bridge versions. You updated the AMD all-in-one drivers beforehand, correct? Of course, both the bridge bios and the all-in-one drivers are listed in the bios instructions. That does not mean everyone follows directions though.

The real question is about if 5.80 was flashed or not, and if so from what version? If it was not flashed, I would ask how you know it is responsible for the instability? As I have flashed multiple Asrock first gen 3 series boards to the latest bios to support newer CPU/APU. Then later used them again with first and second gen CPUs/APUs. I have yet to have an issue. It leads me to think that Asrock tells you not to upgrade to the very latest firmware, because all the CPUs/APUs in question, are already fully supported.

Anyways, once we determine that everything is in order concerning proper bios flashing procedures, or that it is the shipped bios, we can move on with the troubleshoot.

kirovskie

Sep 4, 2020
Did the board come with 5.80 or did you flash it? Because there are bridge bios that must be installed in correct order first. That is, if your board had a bios older than one or both of the bridge versions. You updated the AMD all-in-one drivers beforehand, correct? Of course, both the bridge bios and the all-in-one drivers are listed in the bios instructions. That does not mean everyone follows directions though.

The real question is about if 5.80 was flashed or not, and if so from what version? If it was not flashed, I would ask how you know it is responsible for the instability? As I have flashed multiple Asrock first gen 3 series boards to the latest bios to support newer CPU/APU. Then later used them again with first and second gen CPUs/APUs. I have yet to have an issue. It leads me to think that Asrock tells you not to upgrade to the very latest firmware, because all the CPUs/APUs in question, are already fully supported.

Anyways, once we determine that everything is in order concerning proper bios flashing procedures, or that it is the shipped bios, we can move on with the troubleshoot.
I did the BIOS UPDATE properly from the instructions on the site by Installing a specified version of VGA DRIVER and installing a new one. So i am planning to downgrade it to the older version if that can fix my issue. I had tested it well on every way as i had read on different forums. But nothing works Asrock just got replied on my email and they want me to downgrade on 5.40 via windows using the tool they had sent i will look forward if it goes stable.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Be on point with the the tool, you can brick the board if anything goes wrong. I suggest doing it with only on stick of ram installed, and of course, default settings loaded. 3.4 and 5.4 are the bridge bios on that model, that's why they want you to flash back to it. Operating on the PICNIC principal.

Post back and let us know how it goes. If you still experience issues, set the ram and APU parameters manually i.e. voltage and speed.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I will say, I had a few ASRock AB350M Pro4 (the mATX version) of that board, and I could NEVER get a 2200G or 2400G stable on those boards, nevermind OC them. Their VRM config was just THAT lousy.

I was able to get some Athlon 200GE APUs to work, however.

kirovskie

Sep 4, 2020
Be on point with the the tool, you can brick the board if anything goes wrong. I suggest doing it with only on stick of ram installed, and of course, default settings loaded. 3.4 and 5.4 are the bridge bios on that model, that's why they want you to flash back to it. Operating on the PICNIC principal.

Post back and let us know how it goes. If you still experience issues, set the ram and APU parameters manually i.e. voltage and speed.
Hello sorry for the late update. Still the problem persists i think it is better to get t his into RMA.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

kirovskie

Sep 4, 2020
I will say, I had a few ASRock AB350M Pro4 (the mATX version) of that board, and I could NEVER get a 2200G or 2400G stable on those boards, nevermind OC them. Their VRM config was just THAT lousy.

I was able to get some Athlon 200GE APUs to work, however.
Hmm all stock OC configuration but still Freezes all the way.